Gross and average rise, but median slides 8%.
Last entering the stretch, The Grey Gatsby unleashed a fierce rally and stunned dual Derby winner Australia in a last-gasp victory in the Irish Champion Stakes (Ire-I) Sept. 13 at Leopardstown.
Trainer Kevin Ryan will find out if record-setting Prix du Jockey Club (Fr-I, French Derby) victor The Grey Gatsby has the stamina to win the Juddmonte Grand Prix de Paris (Fr-I) July 13 at Longchamp.
Three-year-old sprinter Hot Streak looks to be the early favorite in the 17-horse field set for the King's Stand Stakes (Eng-I) June 17 at Royal Ascot.
Frank Gillespie's British-based The Grey Gatsby pounced from off the pace and drew off to win the Prix du Jockey Club (Fr-I, French Derby) in an upset June 1 at Chantilly.
Astaire made all the pace and gamely captured the Vision.ae Middle Park Stakes (Eng-I) from stablemate Hot Streak Oct. 12 at Newmarket.
The 2-year=old colt sells for 115,000 guineas ($183,183 in U.S. funds) while prices fall from 2009.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Rest at WinStar
- Hill Specialist Ambitious Brew Takes Eddie D.
- Postponed Clear Favorite in Arc de Triomphe
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- Charlton’s Abbotts Retiring on Own Terms
- Tepin Works Half-Mile at Saratoga
- NYRA Sanctioned for Aqueduct Water Pollution
- Suffolk Downs Applies for Six 2017 Race Dates
- New Santa Anita Turf Course Passes First Test