Last entering the stretch, The Grey Gatsby unleashed a fierce rally and stunned dual Derby winner Australia in a last-gasp victory in the Irish Champion Stakes (Ire-I) Sept. 13 at Leopardstown.
Trainer Kevin Ryan will find out if record-setting Prix du Jockey Club (Fr-I, French Derby) victor The Grey Gatsby has the stamina to win the Juddmonte Grand Prix de Paris (Fr-I) July 13 at Longchamp.
Three-year-old sprinter Hot Streak looks to be the early favorite in the 17-horse field set for the King's Stand Stakes (Eng-I) June 17 at Royal Ascot.
Frank Gillespie's British-based The Grey Gatsby pounced from off the pace and drew off to win the Prix du Jockey Club (Fr-I, French Derby) in an upset June 1 at Chantilly.
Astaire made all the pace and gamely captured the Vision.ae Middle Park Stakes (Eng-I) from stablemate Hot Streak Oct. 12 at Newmarket.
The 2-year=old colt sells for 115,000 guineas ($183,183 in U.S. funds) while prices fall from 2009.
Most Popular Stories
- Crimson Giant Chasing Unlikely Big 'Cap Glory
- Breeders' Cup Tickets Go On Sale March 4
- Horses to Watch at F-T Florida Sale
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for March 3, 2015
- Five-Year Suspension, $25,000 Fine for Chapa
- African Story Tries Super Saturday Challenge
- No Grade for 2015 Herecomesthebride Stakes
- Water Bucket Heater Caused Chanteclaire Fire
- Consignors Upbeat Ahead of F-T Florida Sale
- Lopez Lets El Kabeir be "The Boss"