Jockey Kevin Radke will represent the United States in the International Jockey Challenge held at Seoul Racecourse in Korea, on Nov. 10 and 11.
Jockey Kevin Radke suffered five broken ribs, a fractured collarbone, and a punctured lung at Emerald Downs Friday night when his mount Shady Unlimited threw him into the paddock fence prior to the fifth race.
Kevin Radke, a regular among the Emerald Downs riding colony is getting cloeer to returning to action after 15 months on the sidelines due to a shattered wrist suffered in a bad fall.
Kevin Radke, the leading jockey at the 2003-2004 Golden Gate Fields meeting, suffered fractures to his left wrist and nose when he went down in the sixth race at Bay Meadows Wednesday. He'll be sidelined for six to eight weeks, according to an initial report.
Kevin Radke celebrated the greatest accomplishment of his riding career Sunday when he finished atop the jockey standings at the 2003-2004 Golden Gate Fields meeting.
Boxed in at the quarter pole, Heavenly Humor and jockey Kevin Radke found room at the head of the stretch and went on to a five-length win in Saturday's $64,650 Miss California Stakes for 3-year-old fillies at Golden Gate Fields.
A day after his death Dec. 31, John Franks' homebred Gold Ruckus rallied from off the pace to win the $81,000 Lafayette Handicap at Golden Gate Fields Thursday.
Emerald Downs wrapped up its 92-day meeting Monday with dips in both on-track and overall handle over 2002.
Juan Gutierrez became the first rider in Emerald Downs' history to win three stakes in a single day on Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Jockey Chapa Faces Felony Race-Fixing Charges
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for Jan. 27, 2015
- Washington Owner/Breeder Paxton Dead at 76
- Nerud-Owned and Bred Colt Wins at Big A
- Fasig-Tipton Catalogs 175 for March 2YO Sale
- The Week in Photos for 1/27/2015
- Jan. 28 Live Racing at Aqueduct Canceled
- Barretts Gross Up; Average, Median Decline
- WGOH: Avoiding the Nuclear Option