Kool Kompany and Anthem Alexander head the nine-horse field for the Keeneland Phoenix Stakes (Ire-I) Aug. 10 at the Curragh in what looks to be the best juvenile contest of the season.
La Collina, the only group I winner in the Coolmore Fusaichi Pegasus Matron Stakes (Ire-I) field, sprung a 25-1 upset at Leopardstown Sept. 7, which was also a big day for American and European champion Ouija Board.
La Collina rallied strongly in the final furlong to capture the $255,500 Keeneland Phoenix Stakes (Ire-I) by a neck over Power at the Curragh Aug. 7.
Sea The Stars, whose six group I victories in 2009 dominated European racing, was a unanimous selection as Ireland's Horse of the Year and followed his previous award as Cartier Horse of the Year for all of Europe.
Kingsfort became a group I winner in just his second lifetime start as he powered to a neck victory in the Ladbrokes.com Vincent O'Brien National Stakes (Ire-I) at the Curragh Sept. 12. Also on the program, the Aga Khan-owned Alandi won the Irish Field St. Leger (Ire-I)
The Shadwell Farm-bred Mustameet defeated Steenberg by a length in the Castlemartin & La Louviere Studs Gladness Stakes (Ire-III) at The Curragh Sunday.
Mrs. John Magnier's France, ridden by Seamus Heffernan, surprised even-money favorite Abunawwas in the Group III Rock Of Gibraltar EBF Tetrarch Stakes for 3-year-olds at the Curragh on Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- TJC Acquires Majority Interest in Blood-Horse
- Suffolk Downs, Horsemen Have Deal for Meets
- American Pharoah Shows Readiness for Rebel
- Trainer A. C. Avila Suspended, Fined by CHRB
- California Chrome Working Steadily for Dubai
- Caesars' Moves Impact Turfway, ThistleDown
- Nerud 3-Year-Old Wins Again at Big A
- Ben's Cat Maryland-Bred HOY for Fourth Year
- NJ Track Calls for End to Simulcast Impasse
- Charles Town, Oaklawn, Laurel Cancel Cards