River Downs has added the name of Kevin Goemmer, the former announcer at the Ohio racetrack, to a stakes named for one of his favorite racehorses. Goemmer, who most recently worked for Charlson Broadcast Technologies, died earlier this year at the age of 48.
Kevin Goemmer, a longtime track announcer and most recently director of sales and marketing for Charlson Broadcast Technologies, suffered an apparent heart attack and died Jan. 27 in a motor vehicle accident. Goemmer, 48, continued to call races on a fill-in basis, most recently at Turfway Park, and was regarded as one of the best in the business.
Most Popular Stories
- Force the Pass Brilliant in Belmont Derby
- Effinex Outlasts Tonalist at Wire in Suburban
- Lady Eli Sparkles in Belmont Oaks
- Coffee Clique Proves Best in James Penny
- Speightster Still Undefeated With Dwyer Win
- Irish Jasper Draws Away in Victory Ride
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- Silvano Offspring Dominate in Durban July
- Trainer Desormeaux in New York State of Mind
- Front-Running Golden Horn Rolls in Eclipse