Empire Racing May 30 called for the specific placement of Saratoga Race Course and other nearby racing properties on the National and State Registers of Historic Places. A letter was sent Wednesday morning by Empire Racing chief executive officer Jeff Perlee to Saratoga Springs Mayor Valerie Keehn highlighting the request.
Special T Thoroughbreds is being forced to auction off the promising stallion Siberian Summer along with nine mares and four foals because the horses' owner hasn't paid his bills. The sale will be held Sept. 26 at 1 p.m. PDT at the farm.
Most Popular Stories
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Sherman Says 'Chrome' Looks as Good as Ever
- Top Filly Princess of Sylmar Retired
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Big Gains Mark Keeneland Sale's Day 11
- Illinois Board Has Tough Call on 2015 Dates
- Undrafted Returns in Kentucky Downs Turf Dash
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Filly First Winner for Line of David
- Pedigree Analysis: Inbreeding Trends