The most recent version of rules governing horse sales in Florida were published for public comment May 9. The regulations are being touted as a successful compromise by some of those involved in the process.
Principal parties in a debate over rules governing horse sales in Florida announced April 22 that they had drafted joint recommendations to be delivered to the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.
It is clear following an April 7 public forum in Florida that published rules concerning horse sales in the state did little to quiet those on opposite sides of the arguments over disclosure and transparency.
The Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services claims it doesn't have the power to regulate certain aspects of horse sales in the state, but is prepared to publish proposed rules it says are intended to prevent unfair or deceptive trade practices.
Most Popular Stories
- Big Macher Shows Star Quality in Cary Grant
- Tom's Tribute Tops Talented Seabiscuit Cast
- Don't Tell Sophia Leads Fall City Handicap
- Hollywood Derby Likely After Chrome's Workout
- Calgary Cat Sizzles in Kennedy Road Triumph
- Shipper Holiday Star Faces 10 in Turf Cup
- Danon Shark Wins Mile Championship Thriller
- Hushion Seeks 'Wand for Princess Violet
- Ocho Ocho Ocho Cashes Jackpot, Now 3-for-3
- Take Charge Brandi Takes Down Delta Princess