The most recent version of rules governing horse sales in Florida were published for public comment May 9. The regulations are being touted as a successful compromise by some of those involved in the process.
Principal parties in a debate over rules governing horse sales in Florida announced April 22 that they had drafted joint recommendations to be delivered to the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.
It is clear following an April 7 public forum in Florida that published rules concerning horse sales in the state did little to quiet those on opposite sides of the arguments over disclosure and transparency.
The Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services claims it doesn't have the power to regulate certain aspects of horse sales in the state, but is prepared to publish proposed rules it says are intended to prevent unfair or deceptive trade practices.
Most Popular Stories
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Abel Tasman Brings Form to Coaching Club American Oaks
- Del Mar Addressing Safety, Field Size Concerns
- Solis to Evaluate Future Following Surgery
- Arrogate Begins Del Mar Journey in San Diego Handicap
- Remembering Ben's Cat
- Secretariat Photo Album
- TVG Plans Special Coverage, Events at Saratoga
- Ashleyluvssugar Highlights Eddie Read Stakes
- Richard's Kid Gets First Winner at Del Mar