What will the yearling selling season of 2009 be like? A story with comments from a variety of auction participants appeared in the June 27 edition of The Blood-Horse and also was published on the magazine's Web site: www.bloodhorse.com. Now, two more people, Lincoln Collins and Craig Bandoroff, weigh in on the subject.
Axel Foley, one of the favorites for the upcoming $200,000 El Camino Real Derby (gr. III) Feb. 14 at Golden Gate Fields, has been privately purchased by Jeff Singer, it was announced Feb. 13. The 3-year-old Officer colt will remain in training with Doug O'Neill.
Three Chimneys owner Robert N. Clay announced Dec. 21 that International bloodstock adviser Lincoln Collins has been named to the board of Three Chimneys, effective Jan. 1.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Headed to Dubai World Cup
- Five Share Fastest Time in Fasig-Tipton Sale Works
- Conquest Mo Money Still Undefeated, Sunland Derby Next
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Finger Lakes Horsemen Agree to Deal to Keep Track Open
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Prominent Ohio Breeder George Smith Dies at 84
- Finger Lakes Season Could be on Line at Feb. 27 Meeting
- Unique Bella Tops Roster of 109 Kentucky Oaks Nominees