A bill requiring a constitutional amendment for expanded gambling in Kentucky has been introduced in the state General Assembly by Republican Senate President David Williams.
Citing threats to the state's racing and breeding industries from other states in which alternative gaming boosts purses and breeding programs, the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission June 9 unanimously endorsed a plan for video lottery terminals at racetracks that was unveiled earlier in the day by Gov. Steve Beshear.
Most Popular Stories
- Jockey Rosie Napravnik Announces Retirement
- Weanling Daughter of Champion Zenyatta Dies
- Untapable Powers to Breeders' Cup Distaff Win
- Tapit Shatters Single-Season Earnings Mark
- Goldencents Posts Repeat in Dirt Mile
- Hootenanny Rallies to Win Juvenile Turf
- Bob Neumeier Hospitalized After a Stroke
- Lady Eli Sharp in Juvenile Fillies Turf
- Slideshow: 2014 Breeders' Cup Day 1
- Chitu Makes Quick Work of Damascus Rivals