Dan Rosenberg, longtime general manager and, since 2001, president of Three Chimneys Farm, announced he will leave Three Chimneys at the end of 2007 to begin a Thoroughbred management consulting service. He will remain affiliated with Three Chimneys as a director of the farm, effective Dec. 31.
Kentucky breeders have until Aug. 1 to register mares bred during the 2006 breeding season to the Kentucky Thoroughbred Breeders' Incentive Fund.
Former Kentucky Governor and Airdrie Stud owner Brereton Jones called for an amendment to the state's constitution allowing for full-scale casino gambling only at the state's eight racetracks Thursday evening while addressing the Kentucky Thoroughbred Farm Managers Club. The plan differs from one discussed earlier in the week by state legislators that would allow for casinos at racetrack and non-racetrack locations.
Most Popular Stories
- Two IL Tracks File for Bankruptcy Protection
- British Racing Undertakes Education Program
- Undefeated Dortmund Wasn't Always So Popular
- Lukas Pointing 'Brandi' to Kentucky Oaks
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Golden Gate Winter/Spring Meet Starts Dec. 26
- Secret Circle Aims for Season-Ending Win
- Millionaire Kiri's Clown Euthanized at Age 25
- Intriguing Maidens in MD Juvenile Futurity
- Baltas, Pedroza Square Off at Los Alamitos