Dan Rosenberg, longtime general manager and, since 2001, president of Three Chimneys Farm, announced he will leave Three Chimneys at the end of 2007 to begin a Thoroughbred management consulting service. He will remain affiliated with Three Chimneys as a director of the farm, effective Dec. 31.
Kentucky breeders have until Aug. 1 to register mares bred during the 2006 breeding season to the Kentucky Thoroughbred Breeders' Incentive Fund.
Former Kentucky Governor and Airdrie Stud owner Brereton Jones called for an amendment to the state's constitution allowing for full-scale casino gambling only at the state's eight racetracks Thursday evening while addressing the Kentucky Thoroughbred Farm Managers Club. The plan differs from one discussed earlier in the week by state legislators that would allow for casinos at racetrack and non-racetrack locations.
Most Popular Stories
- Favored American Pharoah Wins Kentucky Derby
- Kentucky Derby: Carrots for American Pharoah
- Kentucky Derby: Firing Line to Preakness
- International Star Scratched from the Derby
- Zayat Compliments Churchill on Treatment
- Lovely Maria Easily Captures Kentucky Oaks
- El Kabeir Scratched From Kentucky Derby
- Slideshow: 2015 Kentucky Derby Day
- Finnegans Wake Flies Home, Takes Turf Classic
- CDI Reports Record $194.3M in Derby Day Bets