Dan Rosenberg, longtime general manager and, since 2001, president of Three Chimneys Farm, announced he will leave Three Chimneys at the end of 2007 to begin a Thoroughbred management consulting service. He will remain affiliated with Three Chimneys as a director of the farm, effective Dec. 31.
Kentucky breeders have until Aug. 1 to register mares bred during the 2006 breeding season to the Kentucky Thoroughbred Breeders' Incentive Fund.
Former Kentucky Governor and Airdrie Stud owner Brereton Jones called for an amendment to the state's constitution allowing for full-scale casino gambling only at the state's eight racetracks Thursday evening while addressing the Kentucky Thoroughbred Farm Managers Club. The plan differs from one discussed earlier in the week by state legislators that would allow for casinos at racetrack and non-racetrack locations.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begin Belmont Training
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park
- Catch A Glimpse Has Homecoming in Nassau
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- CHRB Approves Medication Conditions for Breeders' Cup
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- Humane Society, PETA Support USADA Bill