Dan Rosenberg, longtime general manager and, since 2001, president of Three Chimneys Farm, announced he will leave Three Chimneys at the end of 2007 to begin a Thoroughbred management consulting service. He will remain affiliated with Three Chimneys as a director of the farm, effective Dec. 31.
Kentucky breeders have until Aug. 1 to register mares bred during the 2006 breeding season to the Kentucky Thoroughbred Breeders' Incentive Fund.
Former Kentucky Governor and Airdrie Stud owner Brereton Jones called for an amendment to the state's constitution allowing for full-scale casino gambling only at the state's eight racetracks Thursday evening while addressing the Kentucky Thoroughbred Farm Managers Club. The plan differs from one discussed earlier in the week by state legislators that would allow for casinos at racetrack and non-racetrack locations.
Most Popular Stories
- Slideshow: Progeny of Lemon Drop Kid
- Successful Owner/Breeder Aaron Jones Dies
- McEvoy Steps Down as Godolphin Jockey
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Bayern Cruises to Pennsylvania Derby Win
- Goldencents to Remain in California
- Juddmonte's Elite Miler Kingman Retired
- Indiana Immediately Suspends Two Licensees
- Consignors Busy Ahead of Louisiana Sale
- Shared Belief Needs to be Awesome...Again