Horsemen Ted Bates, who was associated with a number of Central Kentucky farms over several decades and was a former general manager of Fasig-Tipton Kentucky, died Jan. 22 at the age of 92.
Sandy Hatfield, stallion manager of Three Chimneys farm, was chosen as the 2011 Kentucky Farm Manager of the Year. The annual award will be presented at the KTFM Premier Event in Lexington Sept. 3.
- By Ron Mitchell
As part of a program to determine a baseline for naturally occurring steroids in yearlings, blood samples will be taken and tested from some horses offered at the Keeneland yearling sale that begins Sept. 10 and at the Fasig-Tipton yearling sale Oct. 22-24.
Maryland Horsemen announce award winners...Ky. Farm Managers honor Tom Evans...Finger Lakes names Running Tiger horse of the year...LSU holds annual AI workshop...TVG covers Texas Classic Futurity...Arlington Million seats already available.
The Kentucky Thoroughbred Farm Managers Club will host a meeting on Nov. 3 at the Embassy Suites on Newtown Pike to discuss Mare Reproductive Loss Syndrome (MRLS) in 2003.
Thoroughbred racing and breeding information
Most Popular Stories
- Archarcharch, Tizway to South Korea
- Better Talk Now Euthanized at Age 18
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Lights of Medina Leads Pletcher Trio in Mother Goose
- Curlin's Approval Heads Princess Rooney
- Holy Helena Favored for Queen's Plate
- Mott Set for Queen's Plate Debut With Channel Maker
- Obituary: Jack Arterburn Spent Life in Racing
- Fasig-Tipton Horses of Racing Age Sale Offers Diversity
- Delta Bluesman Aims to Repeat in Smile Sprint