Proponents and opponents of historical race wagering expressed optimism that their respective sides will prevail following a lengthy hearing before the Kentucky Supreme Court Aug. 21.
The Kentucky Supreme Court voted Jan. 11 to take up the issue of Instant Racing at the state's racetracks.
The Kentucky Supreme Court has ruled the Instant Racing case will be heard by the state Court of Appeals before it tackles the issue.
The Family Foundation of Kentucky, in an about-face, is attempting to slow the process by which a ruling on Instant Racing will be issued by the courts.
Most Popular Stories
- St Nicholas Abbey Progresses in Recovery
- Castellano Closing on Season Earnings Record
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Top 3-year-olds
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 12/10/2013
- Slideshow: Royal Delta
- Veterinarian-Farrier Team Key to Managing Laminitic Horses
- NJ Senate Committee OKs Instant Racing Bill
- Horizontal Navigation: Blogs and Multimedia
- Gulfstream Expands Lead in Handle
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys