In a special election that had far-reaching ramifications for the Kentucky Thoroughbred industry, Democrat Robin Webb defeated Republican Jack Ditty Aug. 25 for an empty state Senate seat in northeasten Kentucky.
Sen. Tom Buford has introduced a bill that would ban horse slaughter for human consumption in the state of Kentucky and create a registry of those who knowingly sold horses destined for slaughter.
In an effort to educate Kentucky residents and legislators on the importance of the horse industry to the Commonwealth's economy, Blood-Horse Publications is providing each member of the Kentucky Senate and House of Representatives with an annual subscription to The Blood-Horse, the company's flagship publication and the oldest continually published North American Thoroughbred magazine.
Most Popular Stories
- Hollendorfer: Shared Belief Has 'Great' Work
- O'Neill and Racing's Slow Regulatory Process
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- F-T October Running Ahead of 2013 Record Pace
- HRTV to Air Live Coverage of Breeders' Cup
- Raffetto Joins New England HBPA Effort
- Trakus Coming to Some Australian Racecourses
- Podcast: Bob Baffert and the Breeders' Cup
- KY Necropsy Program Disproves 'Bad Step' Myth