In a special election that had far-reaching ramifications for the Kentucky Thoroughbred industry, Democrat Robin Webb defeated Republican Jack Ditty Aug. 25 for an empty state Senate seat in northeasten Kentucky.
Sen. Tom Buford has introduced a bill that would ban horse slaughter for human consumption in the state of Kentucky and create a registry of those who knowingly sold horses destined for slaughter.
In an effort to educate Kentucky residents and legislators on the importance of the horse industry to the Commonwealth's economy, Blood-Horse Publications is providing each member of the Kentucky Senate and House of Representatives with an annual subscription to The Blood-Horse, the company's flagship publication and the oldest continually published North American Thoroughbred magazine.
Most Popular Stories
- HRRN Programming on New SiriusXM Channels
- Is PA Derby Best Spot for 'Chrome'?
- Keeneland September Sale Sees More Gains
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- No Dice for Massachusetts Racing, Breeding
- California Chrome Arrives at Parx Racing
- What's Going On Here: Solid at the Core
- Injury Forces Sea The Moon's Retirement
- Suffolk Downs Loses Casino Bid on 3-1 Vote
- Is California Chrome Vulnerable in PA Derby?