In a special election that had far-reaching ramifications for the Kentucky Thoroughbred industry, Democrat Robin Webb defeated Republican Jack Ditty Aug. 25 for an empty state Senate seat in northeasten Kentucky.
Sen. Tom Buford has introduced a bill that would ban horse slaughter for human consumption in the state of Kentucky and create a registry of those who knowingly sold horses destined for slaughter.
In an effort to educate Kentucky residents and legislators on the importance of the horse industry to the Commonwealth's economy, Blood-Horse Publications is providing each member of the Kentucky Senate and House of Representatives with an annual subscription to The Blood-Horse, the company's flagship publication and the oldest continually published North American Thoroughbred magazine.
Most Popular Stories
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Close Hatches Dominates Personal Ensign
- 3-Day OBS August Yearling Sale Begins Aug. 26
- California Chrome Sharpens Up at Los Alamitos
- Mark Valeski, Magna Graduate to Woodford
- Bayern Gallops 1 1/2 Miles On Eve of Travers
- Chrome Set for Pennsylvania Derby Return
- Pedigree Analysis: Bayern
- Hootenanny, The Wow Signal to Meet in France
- Jerkens, Lukas, Durkin Honored at Saratoga