In a special election that had far-reaching ramifications for the Kentucky Thoroughbred industry, Democrat Robin Webb defeated Republican Jack Ditty Aug. 25 for an empty state Senate seat in northeasten Kentucky.
Sen. Tom Buford has introduced a bill that would ban horse slaughter for human consumption in the state of Kentucky and create a registry of those who knowingly sold horses destined for slaughter.
In an effort to educate Kentucky residents and legislators on the importance of the horse industry to the Commonwealth's economy, Blood-Horse Publications is providing each member of the Kentucky Senate and House of Representatives with an annual subscription to The Blood-Horse, the company's flagship publication and the oldest continually published North American Thoroughbred magazine.
Most Popular Stories
- Southwest Regional: Double Barrel
- Hangin' With Haskin: My Top 10 Racing Movies
- Southeast Regional: Investing in Success
- Reinventing Racing - By Eric Mitchell
- One Last Hope to Salvage Illinois 2014 Season
- G3 Winner Keep Up Retired to Mill Ridge
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 12/17/2013
- After the Wire: Shared Belief, Midnight Hawk
- Lasix-Free BC Juveniles Show Few EIPH Cases
- Louies Flower Blooms in Springboard Mile