In a special election that had far-reaching ramifications for the Kentucky Thoroughbred industry, Democrat Robin Webb defeated Republican Jack Ditty Aug. 25 for an empty state Senate seat in northeasten Kentucky.
Sen. Tom Buford has introduced a bill that would ban horse slaughter for human consumption in the state of Kentucky and create a registry of those who knowingly sold horses destined for slaughter.
In an effort to educate Kentucky residents and legislators on the importance of the horse industry to the Commonwealth's economy, Blood-Horse Publications is providing each member of the Kentucky Senate and House of Representatives with an annual subscription to The Blood-Horse, the company's flagship publication and the oldest continually published North American Thoroughbred magazine.
Most Popular Stories
- Can Calculator Figure in BC Juvenile?
- Breeders' Cup Features 201 Pre-Entered Horses
- California's Golden Eagle Farm Set to Close
- Tapit Filly Tops Record F-T October Sale
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Sherman Sees California Chrome Bouncing Back
- Declaration of War Moving to Ashford Stud
- Queen's Plate Winner Lexie Lou in Autumn Miss
- Top 3-Year-Olds Abound in BC Classic
- Early Thoughts on the BC Pre-Entries