Third annual seminar will cover topics related to horse breeding, ownership, and healthcare.
The Kentucky Racing Commission granted final approval of 2004 race dates Oct. 28 at a contentious meeting at which Ellis Park was granted a six-day racing week, and The Red Mile was awarded Quarter Horse dates despite objections from the Kentucky Quarter Horse Association's attorney.
- By Tom LaMarra
The Kentucky Racing Commission will begin a review of all policies and procedures related to pari-mutuel wagering, commission chairman Frank Shoop announced Dec. 4. The action stems from the recent Breeders' Cup Ultra Pick 6 investigation and the review being conducted by the National Thoroughbred Racing Association.
Most Popular Stories
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- Enola Gray Still Unbeaten After Del Mar Romp
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Blame Angel Wins a Day After Trainer's Death
- Highland Reel Leads Every Step in King George
- After 35 Years, Jockey Joe Steiner Retires
- McCarthy, Trainer of General Quarters, Dies
- Ancient Secret Scores in Lake George
- Songbird Logs First Gallop at Saratoga