In the first major-circuit stakes of the year for 2-year-olds, Buy Sell Hold battled down the stretch with McErin and held off a late bid from Amberspatriot to win the $100,000 Kentucky Juvenile Stakes at Churchill Downs May 4.
The $100,000 Kentucky Juvenile Stakes at Churchill Downs May 4, the first stakes of the year for 2-year-olds, will feature a field of five colts and geldings and five fillies that each made their first starts during Keeneland's spring meet.
Trainer Wesley Ward has entered three winning fillies against males in the $100,000 Kentucky Juvenile Stakes Thursday, May 5 at Churchill Downs.
Son of Limehouse rolls to a 1 1/2-length win at Churchill Downs to score his second consecutive victory.
Trainer Wesley Ward ran one-two in last year's race and has a pair for this year's running. Also, last year's third-place finisher was Mission Impazible, who runs in Saturday's Kentucky Derby.
Trainer Wesley Ward, who had recent success with 2-year-olds at the Keeneland spring meet, continued his hot steak with Aegean and Jealous Again when the fillies ran one-two in the $100,000 Kentucky Juvenile (gr. III) April 30 at Churchill Downs.
Six debut winners at Keeneland, a record-setting filly from Maryland and a West Coast invader highlight a field of nine 2-year-olds entered for the $100,000 Kentucky Juvenile Stakes (gr. III) at Churchill Downs April 30.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- Madam Dancealot Closes From Last to Win San Clemente
- Gun Runner Posts Bullet in Breeze for Whitney
- Girvin Has Final Work Ahead of Haskell
- Glamanation First Stakes Winner for Point of Entry
- Brown in High Spirits After Three Saratoga Wins
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies