The Kentucky Horse Racing Commission is considering a proposal that would permit the state's racetracks to card races that would prohibit the administration of furosemide within 24 hours of post time.
With only a slight modification from the original proposal approved previously by a committee, the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission Oct. 24 unanimously OK'd 2012 racing dates for the state's racetracks.
Ellis Park in Henderson, Ky., has submitted an application for regulatory approval to conduct Instant Racing, stipulating that it would use more than 13,200 square feet of its facility to house 252 gaming terminals.
The Kentucky Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association has announced an agreement with Turfway Park that extends the current purse contract through the end of the 2010 winter/spring race meeting.
A federal judge presiding over the antitrust lawsuit filed by Churchill Downs Inc. against horsemen's groups basically said Feb. 19 he has his work cut out for him in trying to resolve the complex issues involved in the case.
While a signal deal has been struck between Churchill Downs Inc. and Kentucky horsemen for the Churchill Downs spring meet, still unresolved are claims and counter-claims in federal antitrust lawsuit featuring many of the principal parties.
Churchill Downs said Oct. 24 it has not yet received consent from horsemen to distribute its racing signal to national advance deposit wagering sites for its fall meet, which starts Oct. 26.
An agreement has reportedly fallen apart for signal distribution of the upcoming Churchill Downs fall meet to advance deposit wagering entities, according to horsemen representatives involved in the negotiations.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah 'Went Great' in Slop at CD
- Record Average at MM Weanling Sale
- Gulfstream Starter Bonus Tied to Field Size
- American Pharoah at Churchill Downs May 25
- American Pharoah Continues Churchill Training
- Sheikh Hamdan: U.S. TC Too Much Pressure
- Ward Fillies Work at Arlington for Royal Meet
- Mubtaahij Breezes Easy at Belmont Park
- Stewart Pleased with Tale of Verve at Belmont
- Ol' Fashion Gal Fends Off Late Run in Selene