Dr. Rodney Stewart, who was suspended five years by the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission for violating various medication violations including possession of cobra venom, has been granted a stay of that action until his appeal can be heard, according to a ruling by a Franklin (Kentucky) Circuit Court judge.
Citing a variety of claims that his client's rights were violated, an attorney for trainer Rick Dutrow has filed an appeal over the 30-day suspension levied by the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission for a Clenbuterol positive in the spring of 2008.
Most Popular Stories
- Callback Rings Up Victory in Las Virgenes
- 'Brandi' Makes Martha Washington Interesting
- The Great War Has More in Store After Romp
- Undefeated Ocean Knight Wins Sam F. Davis
- Early Nominees to Triple Crown Races Increase
- Avanzare Responds For Stevens in Arcadia Win
- Conquest Two Step Surprises in Palos Verdes
- Testa Rossi Gets Endeavour Victory on DQ
- Aqueduct Cancels Racing for Saturday, Jan. 31
- Can Texas Red Be Beaten in the San Vicente?