Dr. Rodney Stewart, who was suspended five years by the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission for violating various medication violations including possession of cobra venom, has been granted a stay of that action until his appeal can be heard, according to a ruling by a Franklin (Kentucky) Circuit Court judge.
Citing a variety of claims that his client's rights were violated, an attorney for trainer Rick Dutrow has filed an appeal over the 30-day suspension levied by the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission for a Clenbuterol positive in the spring of 2008.
Most Popular Stories
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Arrogate Logs Final Pegasus Work
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Classic Empire On Track for Holy Bull
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Louisiana Derby Season Begins
- Pegasus Workers Drill Across Florida
- Chrome and Arrogate: Who to Root For?
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow