Dr. Rodney Stewart, who was suspended five years by the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission for violating various medication violations including possession of cobra venom, has been granted a stay of that action until his appeal can be heard, according to a ruling by a Franklin (Kentucky) Circuit Court judge.
Citing a variety of claims that his client's rights were violated, an attorney for trainer Rick Dutrow has filed an appeal over the 30-day suspension levied by the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission for a Clenbuterol positive in the spring of 2008.
Most Popular Stories
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- Desormeaux Failed Breathalyzer at Del Mar
- Lady Eli Showing Improvement From Laminitis
- Lochte Seeks Winning Form in Oceanport
- Matchmaker Offers Intriguing Matchup
- Monmouth Tried to Launch Three-Race Series
- Desormeaux Taken Off Mounts at Del Mar
- Real Solution Acquired by Calumet Farm
- Zayas Recovering From Surgery After Spill
- Churchill Downs Stock Price Soars