A grassroots educational endeavor launched only two months ago in Kentucky already has raised $1 million and is well on the way of meeting its goal of $1.5 million by the end of the year.
The new alliance formed to educate Kentucky residents on the importance of the horse industry to the state's economy continues to raise funds and already has changed its name.
- By Dan Liebman
By Dan Liebman -- Fletcher was very polished in congratulating Smarty Jones' owners, trainer, and jockey. But his ears had to be ringing from Churchill CEO Tom Meeker's comment that, "The sun wasn't shining too bright in Kentucky today but I have a slight feeling it was shining in Pennsylvania."
The Kentucky Equine Education Alliance launched May 5 with an ambitious agenda of educating the state residents on the importance of the horse industry to the economy. To say the plan was well-received would be an understatement, as more than 100 people--including 14 legislators--were on hand for a press conference.
Most Popular Stories
- Ocho Ocho Ocho Cashes Jackpot, Now 3-for-3
- Take Charge Brandi Takes Down Delta Princess
- Honor Code Inhales Allowance Foes in Return
- Three Hearts Breaks Through in Red Carpet
- Sunbean in Hand for Easy Delta Mile Victory
- Sinatra Leaving Parx to Take MJC Position
- Lubash Looks Like a Million in Tropical Turf
- Del Mar Employee Honored for Heroic Action
- Mahoning Valley Opens Inaugural Meet Nov. 24
- Cardinal Handicap Falls to Strike Charmer