The slight favorite is Goldencents at 5-1. Goldencents is trained by last year's Kentucky Derby-winning trainer Doug O'Neill. Also at 5-1 is Revolutionary, who will be ridden by three-time Derby winner Calvin Borel.
Jim Tafel's Street Sense, the champion 2-year-old of 2006, is the favorite for Saturday's Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I). The advance wagering pool is still open but at 7 p.m. (Eastern), Street Sense was 9-2.
Wagering on the Kentucky Derby (gr. I) opened Friday at Churchill Downs, and while it's still early, and there is only about $265,000 in the pool as of 4:30 p.m., Ten Most Wanted is the early 4-1 favorite. Empire Maker, the 6-5 morning line favorite, is 9-1.
Point Given didn't even run over the weekend, but English bookmaking firm William Hill dropped its Kentucky Derby (gr. I) price anyway, from 7-4 to 3-2. There certainly is no disputing Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) winner Point Given is a deserved favorite for the May 5 Derby. Mike Battaglia, who has made Churchill Downs' Derby morning line since 1975, said if he had to make the line today, he would make Point Given 2-1.
Most Popular Stories
- Tepin Works; Trip to Royal Ascot Uncertain
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Exaggerator Carries Delta Jackpot Flag
- Mike Venezia Memorial Award to Go to Pino
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Rabada Strikes for Second Group I Win in SAf
- Destin Work is 'Stamina Builder' for Belmont
- Exaggerator Gallops at Pimlico Race Course
- Flipcup Resolute in Arlington Matron Win