The Kentucky Derby Museum has announced the receipt of Smarty Jones' "Garland of Roses", which has been donated to the museum by Roy and Patricia Chapman, the owners of the 130th Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner.
Ken and Sarah Ramsey will receive the 2004 Warner L. Jones Jr. Horseman of the Year Award at the Kentucky Thoroughbred Owners annual dinner Nov. 13 at the Kentucky Derby Museum.
Krone to appear at Lone Star...Derby Museum announces new exhibits, gala plans...Keeneland promotions include Best of the Bluegrass week, double-header with Lexington Legends, and hat contest...George Strait headlines Breeders' Cup Gala...Butch Bramble injured at Turfway.
Members of the Louisville, Ky. Metro Planning Commission were expected to discuss possible changes in land-use regulations Jan. 22 that could have far-reaching effects on commercial horse stables in Jefferson County. But instead, planning officials agreed to table discussion of the controversial proposals until a later date.
Monday's NTRA Charities/Kentucky Derby Museum Golf Classic and silent auction at Valhalla Golf Club in Louisville, Ky., raised approximately $45,000 for NTRA Charities, Ronald McDonald House Charities and the Kentucky Derby Museum's Backside Learning Center and Endowment Fund.
Churchill Downs Inc. raised $101,000 to benefit the Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation during its inaugural "Out to Pasture Party."
The Oxley Foundation is contributing $100,000 to the Kentucky Derby Museum's endowment fund.
Phantom on Tour will become the first Kentucky Derby (gr. I) contender to take up residence at the Kentucky Derby Museum.
Miscellaneous industry racing news
Most Popular Stories
- Ken Ramsey on Kitten's Joy
- Santa Anita Reducing Takeout on Daily Double
- Stallion Monba Represented by First Winner
- Calder Releases 2014 Partial Stakes Schedule
- TimeformUS: The Hollywood Park Swan Song
- De La Cruz Soars at Tampa Bay With 4-Bagger
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- King Kamehameha Son Dominates in Hong Kong
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban