There were a lot of changes to the Kentucky Derby graded earnings chart over the weekend. Number 20 on the list now has $188,000, with several major preps left.
Our Kentucky Derby earnings chart now includes five horse late-nominated to the Triple Crown with graded earnings within the range set out on the chart -- and two of them are in the top 20.
With nearly all of the prep races for the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) completed, here are the rankings by earnings in graded stakes races that will be used to determine the 20 starters in the classic.
Victory in the March 20 Florida Derby (gr. I) propelled Robert LaPenta's Ice Box into sixth position on the graded earnings list of leading contenders for the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I).
Most Popular Stories
- Five-Year Suspension, $25,000 Fine for Chapa
- Lopez Lets El Kabeir Be 'The Boss'
- HOF Trainer Jerkens in Intensive Care in FL
- Crimson Giant Chasing Unlikely Big 'Cap Glory
- Breeders' Cup Tickets Go On Sale March 4
- American Pharoah Tops 162 Blue Grass Nominees
- Horses to Watch at F-T Florida Sale
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for March 3, 2015
- Consignors Upbeat Ahead of F-T Florida Sale
- African Story Tries Super Saturday Challenge