There were a lot of changes to the Kentucky Derby graded earnings chart over the weekend. Number 20 on the list now has $188,000, with several major preps left.
Our Kentucky Derby earnings chart now includes five horse late-nominated to the Triple Crown with graded earnings within the range set out on the chart -- and two of them are in the top 20.
With nearly all of the prep races for the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) completed, here are the rankings by earnings in graded stakes races that will be used to determine the 20 starters in the classic.
Victory in the March 20 Florida Derby (gr. I) propelled Robert LaPenta's Ice Box into sixth position on the graded earnings list of leading contenders for the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I).
Most Popular Stories
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York
- End of Fair Grounds Quarantine Appears to be on Horizon
- Remains of Glacial Princess to be Moved to Old Friends
- Keeneland Announces Spring Meet Stakes Schedule
- Texas Chrome Named Texas Horse of the Year
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Spendthrift Juvenile Stallion Stakes to Add Filly Race
- Cathryn Sophia Voted Top Midlantic-Bred for 2016
- OBS Championship Stakes Fields Set