There were a lot of changes to the Kentucky Derby graded earnings chart over the weekend. Number 20 on the list now has $188,000, with several major preps left.
Our Kentucky Derby earnings chart now includes five horse late-nominated to the Triple Crown with graded earnings within the range set out on the chart -- and two of them are in the top 20.
With nearly all of the prep races for the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) completed, here are the rankings by earnings in graded stakes races that will be used to determine the 20 starters in the classic.
Victory in the March 20 Florida Derby (gr. I) propelled Robert LaPenta's Ice Box into sixth position on the graded earnings list of leading contenders for the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I).
Most Popular Stories
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field
- Del Mar to Pay Out Consolations for Pick 6
- End of Road for ‘Claiming Rule’ Challenge
- Innovative Wagers Help Racetracks with Handle
- Woolf Award Finalists Announced
- Greatbullsoffire Tops Futurity
- Thoroughbred Makeover Accepting Applications
- Bowman Wins Hong Kong Jockey Championship
- Bode's Dream Makes Return in House Party
- Paulassilverlining Set for Garland of Roses