Keeneland has announced the stakes program for its 2006 spring meet. The schedule features two grade elevations and a total of 19 stakes races worth $4,225,000.
In an effort to boost participation in its stakes races, Churchill Downs announced Jan. 17 it would pay purse money to each participating horse in those contests--excluding the $2-million Kentucky Derby (gr. I)--beginning at the track's April 29-July 16 spring meet.
Most Popular Stories
- Preakness Could Be Rematch for Derby Top 3
- Top Three Derby Finishers Stretch Legs Monday
- Anti-Slaughter Bill Introduced in Congress
- Favored American Pharoah Wins Kentucky Derby
- Arrests in Connection With Derby Night Death
- GI Winners Untapable, Lea Work in Kentucky
- Divining Rod On Target for Preakness Stakes
- 'Sea Hero' Symposium Set for May 30
- Keeneland Asks to Move Simulcasts to Red Mile
- Chinese Buyer Lands Top Two Mares at Inglis