Big Brown, who is standing his first season at Three Chimneys, was last year's Triple Crown hopeful, as he won both the Kentucky Derby and Preakness Stakes.
Street Sense was the first Breeders' Cup Juvenile winner to win the Ketucky Derby, and the first 2-year old champion to win the Derby since Spectacular Bid.
Smarty Jones was the first unbeaten winner of the Kentucky Derby since Seatle Slew. A fan favorite, Smarty Jones today stands at Three Chimneys.
The 2001 Kentucky Derby winner is the only horse besides the great Secretariat to win the race in under two minutes. Esther Marr visits with Charlie Nuckols, owner of Nuckols Farm, where Monarchos now resides.
2000 Kentucky Derby Winner Fusaichi Pegasus was the first favorite to win the race since Spectacular Bid in 1979. Today, he stands at Coolmore's Ashford Stud.
One of the closest Kentucky Derby finishes came in 1996, when Grindstone nipped Cavonnier at the wire. Grindstone today stands at the Young family's Overbrook Farm.
Thunder Gulch won the 1995 Kentucky Derby at odds of 25-1, as well as the Belmont Stakes, was retired at the end of his 3-year-old season due to a leg injury.
Most Popular Stories
- Secret Circle Aims for Season-Ending Win
- Baltas, Pedroza Square Off at Los Alamitos
- Competitive Field of 12 Distaffers in Frankel
- Leading Sire of 2014 - Tapit
- Can Shared Belief Be Beaten in the Malibu?
- NY to Adopt ARCI Rules on Multiple Violations
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Don't Tell Sophia Back at Oaklawn for 2015
- Handsome Mike to Stand at Pleasant Acres
- New Purse Payout for Charles Town Classic