Strong all-sources wagering allows Churchill Downs to raise overnight purses 10% for second half of its 39-day spring meet.
Kentucky Derby winner Animal Kingdom will likely face 13 3-year-old rivals at Pimlico May 21 in the Preakness Stakes, the second leg of the Triple Crown.
Team Valor International's homebred Animal Kingdom roared down the stretch to win the 137th Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I). Nehro was second; Mucho Macho Man third.
Florida Derby winner made 4-1 morning line favorite; Uncle Mo (9-2) draws post 18 for May 7 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I).
Breeder-owner of Derby hopeful Decisive Moment has Venezuelan roots; Canonero II made youthful impression
Twenty-two 3-year-olds have been entered for the May 7 Kentucky Derby according to the Churchill Downs communications office.
Son of Bellamy Road off in his left rear; was to ship to Churchill Downs from his base at the Fair Hill Training Center in Maryland later today.
This year there is only one January foal in the Derby: Watch Me Go. Two of the contenders, Twice the Appeal and Mucho Macho Man won't actually be 3 until after the Run for the Roses.
Owner Mike Repole discusses his investment in Thoroughbreds and shot at winning the Kentucky Derby.
Todd Pletcher's pair of classic contenders take to the slop May 1 at Churchill Downs. Onwer Mike Repole watches on as Uncle Mo gets five furlongs in 1:01 3/5.
Two-time Eclipse Award-winning rider Garrett Gomez has been named to pilot Susan Magnier's Master of Hounds in the May 7 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I).
Most Popular Stories
- Irish-bred Pure Champion Wins in New Zealand
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Waller Tallies Group I Double in Australia
- Sherman Says 'Chrome' Looks as Good as Ever
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Top Filly Princess of Sylmar Retired
- Big Gains Mark Keeneland Sale's Day 11
- Illinois Board Has Tough Call on 2015 Dates
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Pedigree Analysis: Inbreeding Trends