After Kentucky Downs conceded on one date that would have conflicted with Churchill Downs in September, the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission approved a 2014 dates schedule that follows the dates raced in 2013.
As a result of Turfway's decision not to seek September dates, the 2014 calendar requests filed by Kentucky's Thoroughbred tracks maintain the status quo of 2013, with 193 total days of racing and 13 optional dates requests.
After last-minute horse-trading and some tough compromises, Kentucky's five Thoroughbred tracks have reached agreement on a 2013 calendar that drastically alters the traditional schedule.
After much deliberating, KHRC committee members voted to reconvene at a later date to make their final recommendations for 2013 race dates in question to the full commission, which meets Oct. 17.
The frustrations of those involved in Kentucky horse racing surfaced Oct. 11 when a Kentucky Horse Racing Commission committee considered requests for 2012 racing dates from the state's racetracks.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Favored in Pacific Classic
- Vergara Wins Inaugural Apprentice Competition
- Maryland THA Elects 15 Directors
- Travers Favorite Bayern Arrives at Saratoga
- King's Bishop: Coup de Grace vs. Wildcat Red
- Heated Rivalry Rekindled in Del Mar Handicap
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Shared Belief Looking to Retain His Throne
- Better Lucky Sticks With Dirt for Ballerina
- Australia Easy Juddmonte International Winner