Eight-year-old gelding Silverfoot headlines a field of 10 in the $200,000 Kentucky Cup Turf (gr. IIIT), the highlight of Kentucky Downs' six-day turf meet which begins Sept. 13.
Kentucky Downs is gearing up to host its live race season this September. The southern Kentucky track's fall meet will include six days of turf contests from Sept. 13-23.
Highlighted by the $200,000 Kentucky Cup Turf (gr. IIIT) and the return of Steeplechase racing to Kentucky Downs, the 2008 stakes schedule was released today for Kentucky Downs' upcoming live meeting, which runs from Sept. 13-23.
In an effort to maintain overnight purses for the Sept. 13-23 live racing season at Kentucky Downs, track officials have reduced the purse of the grade III Kentucky Cup Turf from $300,000 to $200,000.
Most Popular Stories
- Euros Inside and Out After Japan Cup Draw
- Rainha De Bateria Heads Durante at Del Mar
- Blueskiesnrainbows Among 7 for Native Diver
- Chrome to Go for the Green in Hollywood Derby
- Secret Circle, Itsmyluckyday in Cigar Mile
- Churchill Proposes Derby Bet on Winning Sire
- Derby Winners Have Enjoyed Turf Success
- Cary Street Leads 11 in Hawthorne Gold Cup
- Lord Nelson Could Rule Kentucky Jockey Club
- Speedy Cassatt Dusts Rivals in Zia Park Oaks