Eight-year-old gelding Silverfoot headlines a field of 10 in the $200,000 Kentucky Cup Turf (gr. IIIT), the highlight of Kentucky Downs' six-day turf meet which begins Sept. 13.
Kentucky Downs is gearing up to host its live race season this September. The southern Kentucky track's fall meet will include six days of turf contests from Sept. 13-23.
Highlighted by the $200,000 Kentucky Cup Turf (gr. IIIT) and the return of Steeplechase racing to Kentucky Downs, the 2008 stakes schedule was released today for Kentucky Downs' upcoming live meeting, which runs from Sept. 13-23.
In an effort to maintain overnight purses for the Sept. 13-23 live racing season at Kentucky Downs, track officials have reduced the purse of the grade III Kentucky Cup Turf from $300,000 to $200,000.
Most Popular Stories
- 2015 Dates Conflict at Two Kentucky Tracks
- Alcibiades Kicks Off Return to Keeneland Dirt
- Tracks Find Human Touch Key With New Apps
- Hong Kong Sprinter to Have U.S. Prep for BC
- Grade III Winner Fiftyshadesofgold Retired
- Big Brown Colt Tops Magic Millions 2YO Sale
- Added-Gaming Funds More Than Third of Purses
- Stopchargingmaria Will Be Offered at F-T Sale
- Galileo Colt Leads Strong Goffs Orby Session
- Keeneland Secures Seventh Simulcast Award