Eight-year-old gelding Silverfoot headlines a field of 10 in the $200,000 Kentucky Cup Turf (gr. IIIT), the highlight of Kentucky Downs' six-day turf meet which begins Sept. 13.
Kentucky Downs is gearing up to host its live race season this September. The southern Kentucky track's fall meet will include six days of turf contests from Sept. 13-23.
Highlighted by the $200,000 Kentucky Cup Turf (gr. IIIT) and the return of Steeplechase racing to Kentucky Downs, the 2008 stakes schedule was released today for Kentucky Downs' upcoming live meeting, which runs from Sept. 13-23.
In an effort to maintain overnight purses for the Sept. 13-23 live racing season at Kentucky Downs, track officials have reduced the purse of the grade III Kentucky Cup Turf from $300,000 to $200,000.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Top 3-Year-Old Fillies to Battle in Cotillion
- Ricardo Beats Baze in Champions Challenge
- Brockton Fair Invites Suffolk Downs Horsemen
- Keeneland September continues steady progress
- MGC Offers Help for Displaced Suffolk Workers
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Kandaly, 1994 Louisiana Derby Winner, Dies
- 2013 Breeding Activity Statistics Released