For racing to succeed, it must thrive along the top line. read blog
Evan Hammonds looks at the end of the Kentucky Cup and its implications for the industry. Read Blog
In order to protect overnight purses, Turfway Park has reduced the purse for the grade II Lane's End Spiral Stakes to $500,000. In recent years, the Spiral, a 1 1/8-mile event for 3-year-olds on the Triple Crown trail, has gone for $600,000.
Turfway Park announced today it was cutting $150,000 from purses on its biggest fall day, Kentucky Cup. Track president Robert Elliston blamed the purse reductions on nearby gaming and entertainment opportunities.
Most Popular Stories
- Zayat Wants 'Pharoah' to Run in Travers
- American Pharoah Takes the Haskell
- Wise Dan on Target for September Return
- Haskell TV Ratings Double Compared With 2014
- Two Paths Toward Integrity
- 18 Frankel Yearlings in Tattersalls Sale
- Shared Belief Still Healing in Northwest
- American Pharoah Takes Haskell With Ease
- Casino OTB Parlor in Maryland Proves Popular
- Entrepreneurs Wanted at Arizona Symposium