The Kentucky Court of Appeals has issued a mixed ruling in the John Veitch/Life At Ten case and has ordered reconsideration of the one-year suspension handed the former chief steward for horse racing in the Bluegrass state.
The Kentucky Court of Appeals has overturned Dr. Rod Stewart's four-year suspension for possession of cobra venom, stating that the regulation under which the veterinarian was disciplined was vague.
The Kentucky Court of Appeals has remanded the Instant Racing case to Franklin County Circuit Court after vacating that court's findings.
The Kentucky Court of Appeals is expected to issue an opinion on the challenge to Instant Racing machines in four to six weeks, one of three judges said April 25 after hearing oral arguments on the issue.
A public policy group's request to halt Instant Racing at Kentucky Downs was denied by the Kentucky Court of Appeals Oct. 5.
A Kentucky Court of Appeals judge Sept. 8 denied a request for an emergency injunction that would have idled Instant Racing machines at Kentucky Downs.
The Family Foundation of Kentucky has filed an injunction in the Kentucky Court of Appeals to halt the operation of Instant Racing machines at Kentucky Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Weanling Daughter of Champion Zenyatta Dies
- Jockey Rosie Napravnik Announces Retirement
- Untapable Powers to Breeders' Cup Distaff Win
- Tapit Shatters Single-Season Earnings Mark
- Goldencents Posts Repeat in Dirt Mile
- Bob Neumeier Hospitalized After a Stroke
- Hootenanny Rallies to Win Juvenile Turf
- Lady Eli Sharp in Juvenile Fillies Turf
- Longform: Long Live the Queen
- Chitu Makes Quick Work of Damascus Rivals