A surplus in the Kentucky Thoroughbred Development Fund will allow Turfway Park to increase purses for allowance and maiden special weight races through the end of its winter/spring meet.
Ellis Park will offer higher purses for some Kentucky-bred horses under a plan approved by the Kentucky Thoroughbred Development Fund advisory committee.
Two Thoroughbreds that formerly raced as Ohio-registered are now listed as having been bred in Kentucky.
The rate of reduction in foal losses in Kentucky is slowing, but it is still staggering. The latest figures from The Jockey Club show 32.4 percent less foals dropped in Kentucky this year through April 3 compared with a year ago.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief to Undergo Nuclear Scan
- Shared Belief Eased as Moreno Wins CT Classic
- Kentucky Derby Notes, April 19
- Borel Named to Ride El Kabeir in KY Derby
- Texas Red Could Be Back in Action in May
- NZ Industry Figure Philip Vela Dies
- Carr Sent to Hospital After GGF Mishap
- Get Happy Mister Scores in San Simeon
- Bejarano to Ride Bolo in Kentucky Derby
- Hong Kong HOY Ambitious Dragon Retired