ESPN's SportsCenter will originate from Saratoga Springs, N.Y. on Saturday, July 25 for Hats Off to Saratoga, the festival celebrating opening weekend at the Saratoga Race Course.
The Breeders' Cup announced Oct. 20 that ESPN and ABC will televise more than nine hours of live television coverage of the Nov. 4-5 World Championships at Churchill Downs in Louisville, Ky.
Actress and California Horse Racing Board member Bo Derek will be the featured speaker at a brunch being held in conjunction with the Nov. 5-6 Breeders' Cup World Championships in Louisville, Ky.
"Citgo Racing to the Kentucky Derby," an eight-show series on ABC and ESPN providing comprehensive coverage of key Triple Crown prep races, kicks off Saturday on ESPN with coverage of four races coast-to-coast.
Funny Cide's bid to win the Triple Crown in the Belmont Stakes (gr. I) on Saturday is turning New York into a "one-horse town." Sackatoga Stable's hero will not only bring out the equine stars to challenge him and run on the undercard, but will bring out a gaggle of luminaries from Hollywood and New York as well as heavyweights from the political arena.
Bits and pieces from around the industry...
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association, in partnership with ESPN, will roll out its 2001 advertising campaign exclusively on the all-sports network's family of channels beginning July 29.
- By Ray Paulick
On a night of comedic one-liners, most of them from the hilarious emcee, Kenny Mayne, National Thoroughbred Racing Association commissioner Tim Smith said the single phrase most of the 500 people attending Tuesday's 30th annual Eclipse Awards dinner at the Saenger Theatre in New Orleans, La., were waiting to hear. When he opened the envelope containing the name of the Horse of the Year for 2000, Smith said simply: "Congratulations California, it's Tiznow."
Most Popular Stories
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Curlin Colt Sets Midlantic Record at $1.5 Million
- Agent O'Neill Bullish on Stallion Orb
- What's Going On Here: The Pay Off
- McCraken Back on Work Tab After Derby Disappointment
- Thunder Snow, Churchill Face Off in Irish 2,000 Guineas
- Grade 1 Winner, Sire Devil His Due Dies at 28
- Orb Colt Lives Up to Buzz Selling For $710,000
- Cloud Computing Leaves Pimlico, Others Thinking Belmont