A New York regulatory panel has approved a new 10-year tote contract between the New York Racing Association and AmTote International. NYRA had been aligned with Churchill Downs Inc.'s United Tote.
Less than a year after the New York Racing Association hired a veteran lawyer to help clean up its reputation in the wake of the betting takeout scandal, the now state-run racing corporation is moving to find a replacement.
New York regulators say NYRA's appointment of a new president was "inappropriate." The state also has taken away daily casino payments from NYRA and put them toward the lottery.
Most Popular Stories
- Casse Cues Up Sam F. Davis Wildcard
- 'Conversation' Back in NorCal for El Camino
- Legends: Rachel Alexandra, Filly for the Ages
- Birdatthewire Heads Santa Maria Field
- Sandiva Tries Dirt in Royal Delta
- Taking Shergar
- Rafting Set for 2016 Debut in Sam F. Davis
- Young Turf Trio Tries Obviously in Arcadia
- Dominguez Ruled Eligible for Hall of Fame
- Tepin Set for Season Debut in Endeavour