A New York regulatory panel has approved a new 10-year tote contract between the New York Racing Association and AmTote International. NYRA had been aligned with Churchill Downs Inc.'s United Tote.
Less than a year after the New York Racing Association hired a veteran lawyer to help clean up its reputation in the wake of the betting takeout scandal, the now state-run racing corporation is moving to find a replacement.
New York regulators say NYRA's appointment of a new president was "inappropriate." The state also has taken away daily casino payments from NYRA and put them toward the lottery.
Most Popular Stories
- Two-Time Champion Beholder Out of BC Distaff
- Colic: To Refer or Not to Refer
- Hillstar Shoots to Canadian International Win
- Just The Judge Earns E. P. Taylor Verdict
- Untapable Tops Worktab Sunday at Santa Anita
- Head May Continue Mile Success with Anodin
- Maturing White Rose Blossoms in Dowager
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Caspar Netscher Up in Time for Nearctic Win
- Fresh Native Bombshell Wins Ontario Fashion