A New York regulatory panel has approved a new 10-year tote contract between the New York Racing Association and AmTote International. NYRA had been aligned with Churchill Downs Inc.'s United Tote.
Less than a year after the New York Racing Association hired a veteran lawyer to help clean up its reputation in the wake of the betting takeout scandal, the now state-run racing corporation is moving to find a replacement.
New York regulators say NYRA's appointment of a new president was "inappropriate." The state also has taken away daily casino payments from NYRA and put them toward the lottery.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- Santa Ana Features Return of Emollient
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- Jockey Von Rosen Suffers Serious Injury
- Rosario Rides General a Rod in Florida Derby
- Game On Dude Heads World's Best Racehorses
- Social Inclusion Spoils Honor Code's Return