A New York regulatory panel has approved a new 10-year tote contract between the New York Racing Association and AmTote International. NYRA had been aligned with Churchill Downs Inc.'s United Tote.
Less than a year after the New York Racing Association hired a veteran lawyer to help clean up its reputation in the wake of the betting takeout scandal, the now state-run racing corporation is moving to find a replacement.
New York regulators say NYRA's appointment of a new president was "inappropriate." The state also has taken away daily casino payments from NYRA and put them toward the lottery.
Most Popular Stories
- One Lucky Dane Off Derby Trail After Workout
- Cozmic One Approaches Long-Awaited Debut
- KY Oaks Contenders Birdatthewire, Puca Breeze
- Dortmund Records Bullet Work at Santa Anita
- La Verdad Repeats Score in Distaff 'Cap
- Dissident Retires in Style With All Aged Win
- Pint-Sized Pasadena Girl Uncorks Champagne
- Carpe Diem Works for Jet-Setting Pletcher
- Firing Line Drills in Company at Santa Anita
- International Star Heads Derby Works at CD