A New York regulatory panel has approved a new 10-year tote contract between the New York Racing Association and AmTote International. NYRA had been aligned with Churchill Downs Inc.'s United Tote.
Less than a year after the New York Racing Association hired a veteran lawyer to help clean up its reputation in the wake of the betting takeout scandal, the now state-run racing corporation is moving to find a replacement.
New York regulators say NYRA's appointment of a new president was "inappropriate." The state also has taken away daily casino payments from NYRA and put them toward the lottery.
Most Popular Stories
- Stevens Says He'll Ride in Breeders' Cup
- Distorted Humor Tops WinStar Stallion Fees
- Will Take Charge to Stand for $30,000
- Zia Park Hosts New Mexico Classic Cup Series
- Bel's Starlet, 27, Dies at Our Mims
- Ashford Execs Testify in Love Me Only Trial
- Tommy Town to Stand GI Winner Boisterous
- Mott's BC Fillies are Close to His Heart
- Pletcher Pair Heads Turn Back the Alarm
- Texas Sire Scrimshaw Relocates to Keen Farms