A New York regulatory panel has approved a new 10-year tote contract between the New York Racing Association and AmTote International. NYRA had been aligned with Churchill Downs Inc.'s United Tote.
Less than a year after the New York Racing Association hired a veteran lawyer to help clean up its reputation in the wake of the betting takeout scandal, the now state-run racing corporation is moving to find a replacement.
New York regulators say NYRA's appointment of a new president was "inappropriate." The state also has taken away daily casino payments from NYRA and put them toward the lottery.
Most Popular Stories
- 'The Chief' in Florida Rather Than Saratoga
- Catalano's Daughter Reports Progress
- 2015 Preakness Stakes Logo Unveiled
- Travers or Pennsylvania Derby Next for Bayern
- Bayern Wires Haskell; Favored Untapable 5th
- Delaware Park Cancels July 28 Racing Program
- No Worries for Paquette in First Race Call
- Godolphin's Romansh on Schedule for Whitney
- Milestone Victory for Jockey Centeno
- Big Macher Collects Grade I Bing Crosby Win