A New York regulatory panel has approved a new 10-year tote contract between the New York Racing Association and AmTote International. NYRA had been aligned with Churchill Downs Inc.'s United Tote.
Less than a year after the New York Racing Association hired a veteran lawyer to help clean up its reputation in the wake of the betting takeout scandal, the now state-run racing corporation is moving to find a replacement.
New York regulators say NYRA's appointment of a new president was "inappropriate." The state also has taken away daily casino payments from NYRA and put them toward the lottery.
Most Popular Stories
- De Kock Says American Pharoah a 'Super Horse'
- Coolmore: Zenyatta's Dam Vertigineux Has Died
- MJC Hopes to Alter 2015 Laurel Racing Dates
- American Pharoah Has Final Breeze for Belmont
- F-T Kentucky July Sale Catalogs 332 Yearlings
- Keen Ice Breezes Half-Mile for Belmont
- Pharoah Fits Profile of Triple Crown Winner
- NBC Set for Belmont Stakes Coverage
- WV Racing to Have Role in Legislative Review
- Pan American Conference Draws a Crowd