A New York regulatory panel has approved a new 10-year tote contract between the New York Racing Association and AmTote International. NYRA had been aligned with Churchill Downs Inc.'s United Tote.
Less than a year after the New York Racing Association hired a veteran lawyer to help clean up its reputation in the wake of the betting takeout scandal, the now state-run racing corporation is moving to find a replacement.
New York regulators say NYRA's appointment of a new president was "inappropriate." The state also has taken away daily casino payments from NYRA and put them toward the lottery.
Most Popular Stories
- Mucho Macho Man to Race in 2014
- Jara's Sister to Make Panama Riding Debut
- Erskine Says Juddmonte Group Not for Sale
- Butler Gets Five-Year Suspension
- Ramseys Ready for Claiming Crown
- Trainer Harvey Vanier Dies at Age 89
- Draws Doom U.S. Hopes in HK Jockey Challenge
- Bad Debt, Philly Ace Tropical Turf Topweights
- Partners to Build Racetrack Casino in Calgary
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look