Bear No Joke caught reigning Canadian champion sprinter and pacesetter Essence Hit Man in midstretch and edged past for a 17-1 upset victory in the Kennedy Road Stakes (Can-II) Nov. 30 at Woodbine.
The first Marlboro Cup in 1973 was conceived as a match race between Secretariat and Riva Ridge. What it evolved into was an extraordinary race with five champions in the seven-horse field. read blog
Hollywood Hit, Canada's defending champion sprinter, will try for his third stakes win this year as he takes on five rivals in the Kennedy Road Stakes (Can-III) over Woodbine's synthetic surface Saturday, Nov. 19.
Cougar II, who is the first Chilean-bred to be inducted into the racing Hall of Fame, won or placed in 34 of 38 U.S. starts, but his popularity wasn't simply due to his fans leaving the betting windows happy. It was more of a case of cheering for a horse that tried hard time and time again.
Most Popular Stories
- Options Abound for Holy Bull Winner Upstart
- Rising Star Cassatt Captures Ladies Classic
- R Sassy Lass Tops OBS Racing Card Tuesday
- Able Friend Storms to Stewards' Cup Triumph
- Coalport Convincing Winner of Connally Cup
- Catalog Online for Barretts 2-Year-Old Sale
- Upstart Proves Class in Holy Bull
- Eblouissante Retired, to be Bred in Europe
- Alert Bay Victorious in Cal Cup Turf Classic
- Mischief Clem, 'Kitty Post Upsets in Cal Cup