Bear No Joke caught reigning Canadian champion sprinter and pacesetter Essence Hit Man in midstretch and edged past for a 17-1 upset victory in the Kennedy Road Stakes (Can-II) Nov. 30 at Woodbine.
The first Marlboro Cup in 1973 was conceived as a match race between Secretariat and Riva Ridge. What it evolved into was an extraordinary race with five champions in the seven-horse field. read blog
Hollywood Hit, Canada's defending champion sprinter, will try for his third stakes win this year as he takes on five rivals in the Kennedy Road Stakes (Can-III) over Woodbine's synthetic surface Saturday, Nov. 19.
Cougar II, who is the first Chilean-bred to be inducted into the racing Hall of Fame, won or placed in 34 of 38 U.S. starts, but his popularity wasn't simply due to his fans leaving the betting windows happy. It was more of a case of cheering for a horse that tried hard time and time again.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Observations, Strategy, and Wagers
- Routine, Quiet Oaks Morning on Backside
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Derby by the Speed Numbers
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Unlocking Winners Kentucky Derby 142 Analysis
- Team Optimistic, Nyquist 'Full of Energy'
- Repole Returns With Outwork for Uncle Mo
- Beholder to Make 2016 Debut in Adoration
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite