A personal visit with superstar filly Rachel Alexandra goes on the auction block tomorrow as the grand final item in Kendall-Jackson's "Rachel Alexandra Running Auction," benefiting The V Foundation for Cancer Research. The auction will end after seven days at noon, Nov. 4.
The training halter worn by Rachel Alexandra prior to her historic victory in the BlackBerry Preakness Stakes (gr. I) was purchased by an Ohio man for $2,859.99 in an online auction that will benefit the V Foundation for Cancer Research.
Kendall-Jackson Winery announced July 2 a five-month-long charity auction that will take place on its Web site featuring items, donated by winery owner and co-founder Jess Jackson, that are related to Rachel Alexandra's racing season.
- By Ray Paulick
By Ray Paulick - Jess Jackson, the California vintner who is making headlines for his increasing involvement as a Thoroughbred owner and breeder, undoubtedly was more than a mildly interested spectator when the Supreme Court returned to work in Washington, D.C., the week of Feb. 21. So are many others in the racing industry.
Most Popular Stories
- Lenny's Place - Episode 7
- NYTHA Has Plan to Deal With Election Protest
- New York Panel Announces Winning Casino Bids
- 2014 Auctions Digest
- Canterbury Park Announces 2015 Stakes Slate
- Indiana Grand Reports Increased Wagering
- Bell to Head Thoroughbred Aftercare Alliance
- Tax Break on Racehorses Passes Congress
- Court Decision Threatens Illinois Racing
- Aussie Sale Buyers Can Request Steroid Test