Del Mar Thoroughbred Club and The Jockey Club formally announced that they both will provide additional funding to the Ken Maddy Laboratory at the University California-Davis to enhance the California Horse Racing Board's medication testing program.
Trainer Cody Autrey is serving a seven-day suspension and has agreed to a $12,500 fine after two horses in his care were found to have competed with guanabenz in their systems during last summer's Del Mar meet.
Trainer Greg Gilchrist faces a California Horse Racing Board complaint after a horse in his care, Yodelay You're Who, exceeded the allowable threshold for procaine in a post-race sample taken at Bay Meadows.
Most Popular Stories
- Irish War Cry Returns to Worktab; Belmont Run Possible
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Gold Cup Day
- Zayat Pinhooking Venture Returns Large Profit
- Graded Stakes Winner Destin Set for 2017 Debut
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begin Belmont Training
- Familiar Faces Highlight New York Showcase
- Litfin: Gold Cup Figures to Set up Well for Accelerate
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park