Del Mar Thoroughbred Club and The Jockey Club formally announced that they both will provide additional funding to the Ken Maddy Laboratory at the University California-Davis to enhance the California Horse Racing Board's medication testing program.
Trainer Cody Autrey is serving a seven-day suspension and has agreed to a $12,500 fine after two horses in his care were found to have competed with guanabenz in their systems during last summer's Del Mar meet.
Trainer Greg Gilchrist faces a California Horse Racing Board complaint after a horse in his care, Yodelay You're Who, exceeded the allowable threshold for procaine in a post-race sample taken at Bay Meadows.
Most Popular Stories
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Cathryn Sophia to Pioneerof the Nile in 2017
- Jose Ortiz Rides Five Winners at Aqueduct
- Doctor J Dub Breakthrough Horse for Antonucci
- Arrogate Returns to Work Tab
- CHRB Medication Rule Modifications for 2017
- Equine Attorneys Group Elects Philpott
- Motion Hopes to Stay Hot in Matriarch