Leading trainer Doug O'Neill has been named in a California Horse Racing Board complaint alleging that a horse in his care exceeded the allowable level of total carbon dioxide in winning a race at Santa Anita last month.
A state lawmaker claims the California Horse Racing Board is violating the law by awarding an equine drug-testing contract to the University of California-Davis, and said he would recommend that a legislative committee hold off on approving funds for the CHRB and the laboratory.
Most Popular Stories
- Breeders' Cup Tickets Go On Sale March 4
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for March 3, 2015
- Five-Year Suspension, $25,000 Fine for Chapa
- Breeding Entities Pledge Support to TAA
- Lopez Lets El Kabeir be "The Boss"
- KY House Passes BC Tax Break Legislation
- Records Fall at Inglis Premier Yearling Sale
- Gleeson Named to Grayson Research Position
- Live Chat - Friday, March 6 at NOON EST
- IFHA Releases List of Top 100 Group I Races