Leading trainer Doug O'Neill has been named in a California Horse Racing Board complaint alleging that a horse in his care exceeded the allowable level of total carbon dioxide in winning a race at Santa Anita last month.
A state lawmaker claims the California Horse Racing Board is violating the law by awarding an equine drug-testing contract to the University of California-Davis, and said he would recommend that a legislative committee hold off on approving funds for the CHRB and the laboratory.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Favored in Pacific Classic
- Tapestry Upsets Taghrooda in Yorkshire Oaks
- Vergara Wins Inaugural Apprentice Competition
- Compound Pharmacy Has Reinforced Standards
- Maryland THA Elects 15 Directors
- Travers Favorite Bayern Arrives at Saratoga
- King's Bishop: Coup de Grace vs. Wildcat Red
- Heated Rivalry Rekindled in Del Mar Handicap
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Shared Belief Looking to Retain His Throne