Barbara Banke and the other panelists described the exhilaration of their Breeders' Cup victories to those attending the conference.
The 2009 winner of the Sentient Jet Breeders' Cup Sprint, Dancing in Silks, will not ship to Churchill Downs for another shot at the $2 million race, trainer Carla Gaines told the Daily Racing Form Oct. 22.
Big longshot Dancing in Silks, a 25-1 gelding by Black Minnaloushe, poked his nose out in front to win a four-horse cavalry charge in the $2-million Sentient Jet Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) Nov. 7 at Santa Anita Park. Heavy favorite Zensational finished fifth.
Jerry and Ann Moss were named 2008 Owners of the Year and their undefeated filly Zenyatta won Horse of the Year honors from the Thoroughbred Owners of California.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- Resilient Humor Debut Winner for Sassy Image
- Retired Valet Ward Dies in Kentucky
- Trainer Brown Gearing Up for Gulfstream
- A Look Back at A.P. Indy's Hollywood Futurity
- Aqueduct Announcers Bring Youth, Experience
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic