The 2009 winner of the Sentient Jet Breeders' Cup Sprint, Dancing in Silks, will not ship to Churchill Downs for another shot at the $2 million race, trainer Carla Gaines told the Daily Racing Form Oct. 22.
Big longshot Dancing in Silks, a 25-1 gelding by Black Minnaloushe, poked his nose out in front to win a four-horse cavalry charge in the $2-million Sentient Jet Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) Nov. 7 at Santa Anita Park. Heavy favorite Zensational finished fifth.
Jerry and Ann Moss were named 2008 Owners of the Year and their undefeated filly Zenyatta won Horse of the Year honors from the Thoroughbred Owners of California.
Most Popular Stories
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Montana Jockey Seriously Injured in Spill
- Equibase Announces Redesigned Website
- Shadwell Turf Mile to Offer $1 Million Purse
- Ashford's Shanghai Bobby to Shuttle to Brazil
- RCI to Consider Horses-in-Training Rules
- The Week in Photos for 7/29/2014
- Prominent Sire Beau Genius Dies at 29
- WGOH: Patience Is Shah's Virtue
- Bayern Wires Haskell; Favored Untapable 5th