The 2009 winner of the Sentient Jet Breeders' Cup Sprint, Dancing in Silks, will not ship to Churchill Downs for another shot at the $2 million race, trainer Carla Gaines told the Daily Racing Form Oct. 22.
Big longshot Dancing in Silks, a 25-1 gelding by Black Minnaloushe, poked his nose out in front to win a four-horse cavalry charge in the $2-million Sentient Jet Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) Nov. 7 at Santa Anita Park. Heavy favorite Zensational finished fifth.
Jerry and Ann Moss were named 2008 Owners of the Year and their undefeated filly Zenyatta won Horse of the Year honors from the Thoroughbred Owners of California.
Most Popular Stories
- Likely Entrants for World Cup Card Released
- KY-bred Lideris Wins Latinoamericana in Peru
- Apprentice Courtney Hernandez Gets First Win
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Close Hatches Proves Class in Azeri Stakes