The 2009 winner of the Sentient Jet Breeders' Cup Sprint, Dancing in Silks, will not ship to Churchill Downs for another shot at the $2 million race, trainer Carla Gaines told the Daily Racing Form Oct. 22.
Big longshot Dancing in Silks, a 25-1 gelding by Black Minnaloushe, poked his nose out in front to win a four-horse cavalry charge in the $2-million Sentient Jet Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) Nov. 7 at Santa Anita Park. Heavy favorite Zensational finished fifth.
Jerry and Ann Moss were named 2008 Owners of the Year and their undefeated filly Zenyatta won Horse of the Year honors from the Thoroughbred Owners of California.
Most Popular Stories
- Dalakhani Pensioned from Stud Duty
- Bradley Reflects on Big Day at Saratoga
- Gun Runner Arrives at Monmouth for Haskell
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Elliston Named Keeneland VP of Racing, Sales
- Pacific Overtures
- Songbird Fine After Sharp CCA Oaks Victory
- Blatz-Murff Joins TRF Board of Directors
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired