Gulfstream Park reportedly has requested a racing schedule for 2003-2004 that would overlap with the dates historically raced in South Florida by Calder Racecourse.
Calder Race Course increased purses by $10,000 a day, about 5%, beginning Aug. 9.
The combined mutuel handle of $8,883,212 at Calder Saturday for the "Summit of Speed" program was an all-time record for the Calder meet.
Calder Racecourse experienced gains in on-track attendance and wagering and overall handle during the 52-day Tropical at Calder meet.
In what could be a major test for control of simulcast signals, horsemen's groups from a number of states were considering withdrawing their approval for the transmission of signals into Florida beginning Nov. 12.
Calder Race Course announced Thursday that all overnight purses are being hiked 10 percent to an all-time high for the Miami-area track.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Chrome' Set for Pennsylvania Derby Comeback
- Shared Belief Favored in Pacific Classic
- Big Blue Kitten Back in Jersey's Cliff Hanger
- Tapestry Upsets Taghrooda in Yorkshire Oaks
- TVG to Have Enhanced Pacific Classic Coverage
- Champion Benny the Bull to Bridlewood in 2015
- That Handicapping Show: Travers Stakes
- Second Sporting Art Auction in November
- Handicapping a Fantastic Travers Day
- Vergara Wins Inaugural Apprentice Competition