Gulfstream Park reportedly has requested a racing schedule for 2003-2004 that would overlap with the dates historically raced in South Florida by Calder Racecourse.
Calder Race Course increased purses by $10,000 a day, about 5%, beginning Aug. 9.
The combined mutuel handle of $8,883,212 at Calder Saturday for the "Summit of Speed" program was an all-time record for the Calder meet.
Calder Racecourse experienced gains in on-track attendance and wagering and overall handle during the 52-day Tropical at Calder meet.
In what could be a major test for control of simulcast signals, horsemen's groups from a number of states were considering withdrawing their approval for the transmission of signals into Florida beginning Nov. 12.
Calder Race Course announced Thursday that all overnight purses are being hiked 10 percent to an all-time high for the Miami-area track.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert Seeks 7th Futurity Win with Dortmund
- Trainer Wells Pleads Guilty to Rigging Races
- Red Pollard Seabiscuit Saddle to be Auctioned
- Untapable, Tapiture Settle in at Fair Grounds
- New Management for 2015 at Rillito Park
- Tax Break on Racehorses Passes Congress
- Barretts January Mixed Sale Catalog Online
- Lenny's Place - Episode 7
- New York Panel Announces Winning Casino Bids
- New Rules Lead to Spike in Indiana Positives