The Texas Thoroughbred Association and Lone Star Park have entered into an agreement for Western Bloodstock Ltd. to conduct sales at the Texas Thoroughbred sales pavilion at the Grand Prairie track.
Clarence Scharbauer Jr., a patriarch in Texas racing whose family campaigned 1987 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Alysheba, died Feb. 21 at the age of 88.
Clarence Scharbauer Jr., whose family raced Horse of the Year and Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Alysheba, is back after an 11-year-absence from the Keeneland September yearling sale.
- By Ron Mitchell
Champion grass mare Fiji was purchased by Betty Moran's Brushwood Stable for $3.1-million to top Monday's opening session of the Keeneland November Breeding Stock Sale.
Most Popular Stories
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Tampa Bay Downs Ready for Summer Festival
- Thoroughbred Makeover Tickets Now for Sale
- What's Going On Here: Internal Forces
- PA House Panel Passes Breeding Fund Revisions
- Rood & Riddle to Sponsor Breeders' Cup Draw
- No Horses Injured in Pennsylvania Barn Fire
- Major Expansion Planned for Aqueduct Casino
- Cuomo Administration Fires Back at Criticism