The Texas Thoroughbred Association and Lone Star Park have entered into an agreement for Western Bloodstock Ltd. to conduct sales at the Texas Thoroughbred sales pavilion at the Grand Prairie track.
Clarence Scharbauer Jr., a patriarch in Texas racing whose family campaigned 1987 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Alysheba, died Feb. 21 at the age of 88.
Clarence Scharbauer Jr., whose family raced Horse of the Year and Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Alysheba, is back after an 11-year-absence from the Keeneland September yearling sale.
- By Ron Mitchell
Champion grass mare Fiji was purchased by Betty Moran's Brushwood Stable for $3.1-million to top Monday's opening session of the Keeneland November Breeding Stock Sale.
Most Popular Stories
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Royal Ascot Journey Confirmed for Tepin
- Enola Gray Passes Two-Turn Test in Melair
- Diva Express, I'm a Looker Dead Heat at CD
- Exaggerator Arrives at Belmont Park
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Exaggerator Carries Delta Jackpot Flag
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years