Britain's Racing for Change has announced that three racetracks plan a trial run at using metric weights and distances as a way to make "the sport more accessible to overseas visitors and younger adults."
The horse Action Impact was spurred on by the sound of music to win the world's first horse race run to a live musical soundtrack at Britain's Kempton Park Wednesday, 8 July.
Mark Johnson, one of the most popular and acclaimed horse racing commentators in Britain, will bring his talents to America in 2009 as the new track announcer for Churchill Downs. The announcement was formally made by track officials during at news conference at the historic Louisville, Ky. racetrack Jan. 15.
Churchill Downs and Great Britain's Kempton Park Racecourse have announced a race for 3-year-old Thoroughbreds that will provide a clear path for the winner to a starting spot in the field for the 2009 running of the $2 million Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I).
Kempton Park racecourse, 15 miles west of London, England, is to stage the Kentucky Derby Challenge Stakes March 18, 2009, for the first time. The winner of the nine-furlong, $150,000 conditions race, run on fibresand under floodlights, will be eligible for the 2009 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) May 2.
The average price fell nearly 5% at Goffs' second breeze-up sale at Kempton Park on March 7.
Goffs managing director Matt Mitchell expressed pleasure as the Irish bloodstock company's first Kempton Park Racecourse breeze-up sale generated over £2 million (pounds) in business with an average of £31,908.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Champion High Chaparral Euthanized at 15
- Awesome Baby Heads Speedy Field in La Brea
- Los Alamitos Concludes Successful Winter Meet
- Gulfstream Builds Stalls for Displaced Horses
- Strong Field Set for Mathis Brothers Mile
- Dortmund Wins Dramatic Los Alamitos Futurity
- Divine Oath, North Slope Meet in McKnight
- Clement Trio Looms Large in La Prevoyante
- Speechify Goes for Grade in Mr. Prospector