Queen Elizabeth II's Carlton House, who performed at the highest level in both hemispheres, will stand at Darley's Kelvinside Stud in Australia for the upcoming Southern Hemisphere season.
Prominent Australian sire Commands died suddenly during the early morning hours July 12 at Darley's Kelvinside Stud in New South Wales. The son of Danehill was 17.
During the spring mixed sale in Sydney, Australia, Friday, 127 horses sold for a gross of $1,050,900 ($577,816 in U.S funds), up by 53% on last year's auction.
As its 2002 southern roster is about to assemble, Darley has confirmed the purchase of Kelvinside Stud in the Hunter Valley as the base for its Australian breeding base from 2003.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Arrives at Los Alamitos
- Jaramillo Named to Ride Majesto in Derby
- Suddenbreakingnews to Have New Look in Derby
- Nyquist Gets First Look at Churchill Downs
- Ben's Cat Victorious in Return at Laurel
- Nyquist Another Big Score for Dennis O'Neill
- Lady Shipman Easy Winner in Belmont Return
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Adventist 'Ready' if Derby Spot Opens Up
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning