Queen Elizabeth II's Carlton House, who performed at the highest level in both hemispheres, will stand at Darley's Kelvinside Stud in Australia for the upcoming Southern Hemisphere season.
Prominent Australian sire Commands died suddenly during the early morning hours July 12 at Darley's Kelvinside Stud in New South Wales. The son of Danehill was 17.
During the spring mixed sale in Sydney, Australia, Friday, 127 horses sold for a gross of $1,050,900 ($577,816 in U.S funds), up by 53% on last year's auction.
As its 2002 southern roster is about to assemble, Darley has confirmed the purchase of Kelvinside Stud in the Hunter Valley as the base for its Australian breeding base from 2003.
Most Popular Stories
- Mind Your Biscuits Could Give Summers First Win
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- El Areeb Works at Laurel Toward Wood Memorial
- Hope Floats for Hoppertunity in Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Mastery to Claiborne Farm Upon Retirement
- Ashleyluvssugar, Texas Ryano Reunite in San Luis Rey
- Suffolk Downs Files Paperwork for Racetrack Sale
- Highland Reel Among World Cup Day Turf Runners
- Gun Runner Brings Consistent Class to World Cup Stage