Queen Elizabeth II's Carlton House, who performed at the highest level in both hemispheres, will stand at Darley's Kelvinside Stud in Australia for the upcoming Southern Hemisphere season.
Prominent Australian sire Commands died suddenly during the early morning hours July 12 at Darley's Kelvinside Stud in New South Wales. The son of Danehill was 17.
During the spring mixed sale in Sydney, Australia, Friday, 127 horses sold for a gross of $1,050,900 ($577,816 in U.S funds), up by 53% on last year's auction.
As its 2002 southern roster is about to assemble, Darley has confirmed the purchase of Kelvinside Stud in the Hunter Valley as the base for its Australian breeding base from 2003.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Runhappy Faces Five in Ack Ack
- Jockey Collins Suffers Paralysis After Spill
- Beholder, Stellar Wind Renew Rivalry
- Colonel John Sold, to Stand in Korea in 2017
- Flintshire Rolls Into Joe Hirsch Turf Classic
- Snowden Death Investigation 'Inactive'
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Air Force Blue Retired to Ashford Stud