Bettors believe that the winner of the three Breeders' Cup races that were offered in the second wagering pool of the NTRA Future Book Bet – the Turf, the Mile and the Filly & Mare Turf – is someone they don't know about yet.
Irish-bred High Chaparral (5-2) Rock of Gibraltar (9-5) are the favorites in the John Deere Breeders' Cup Turf and the Breeders' Cup Mile, respectively, after the second day of wagering in Pool Two of the Breeder' Cup Future Bet. Astra and Irish-bred Golden Apples are the 5-1 co-favorites in the Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf.
Western Pride, the only U.S.-based horse in the field, drew the outside 11 post position for Saturday's $6-million Dubai World Cup (UAE-I).
Most Popular Stories
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- Two New Sires to California's Milky Way Farm
- NY Proposes Sweeping Equine Drug, Record Rules
- Summer Front's First Foal is a Filly
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps
- First Foal a Filly for Grade 1 Winner Danza
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes