Multiple grade I winner Devil May Care, a starter in the 2010 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), was euthanized May 4 after a confirmed diagnosis of lymphosarcoma, a form of cancer.
Todd Pletcher worked a number of Breeders' Cup hopefuls Sept. 25 at Belmont Park. Devil May Care and Life At Ten may both race next Oct. 2.
Making her case as the best 3-year-old filly in the nation, Devil May Care dispatched five overmatched rivals in the Betfair TVG Coaching Club American Oaks, easily drawing away in the stretch for her third grade I victory
Devil May Care took over from stablemate Katy Now at the top of the lane and bounded home for an impressive victory in the $250,000 Mother Goose (gr. I) June 26 at Belmont Park in her first start since the Kentucky Derby.
Concerns about Regal Ransom's readiness coming into the $750,000 Super Derby (gr. II) proved inconsequential when the well-bred Godolphin colt rolled to a front-running victory at Louisiana Downs Sept. 19.
Most Popular Stories
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - May 3, 2016
- Adversaries Unite at Trainers' Dinner
- Grudge Match in the Alysheba
- Lani Breezes in Final Derby Preparation
- Amoss Believes Lanerie Best Fit for Mo Tom
- NBC Sports Group Sets Derby Week Coverage
- Three Grade I Winners Vie for La Troienne
- Nyquist's Groom Keeps Top Derby Horse Happy
- Zenyatta Bred to Medaglia d'Oro