Multiple grade I winner Devil May Care, a starter in the 2010 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), was euthanized May 4 after a confirmed diagnosis of lymphosarcoma, a form of cancer.
Todd Pletcher worked a number of Breeders' Cup hopefuls Sept. 25 at Belmont Park. Devil May Care and Life At Ten may both race next Oct. 2.
Making her case as the best 3-year-old filly in the nation, Devil May Care dispatched five overmatched rivals in the Betfair TVG Coaching Club American Oaks, easily drawing away in the stretch for her third grade I victory
Devil May Care took over from stablemate Katy Now at the top of the lane and bounded home for an impressive victory in the $250,000 Mother Goose (gr. I) June 26 at Belmont Park in her first start since the Kentucky Derby.
Concerns about Regal Ransom's readiness coming into the $750,000 Super Derby (gr. II) proved inconsequential when the well-bred Godolphin colt rolled to a front-running victory at Louisiana Downs Sept. 19.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome is Vox Populi Award Winner
- Leave the Light On for Storm Cat
- WV Racing Struggles With Plan for Stability
- Researchers Study Near-, Farsightedness in Horses
- Two IL Tracks File for Bankruptcy Protection
- Undefeated Dortmund Wasn't Always So Popular
- British Racing Undertakes Education Program
- Lukas Pointing 'Brandi' to Kentucky Oaks
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Secret Circle Aims for Season-Ending Win