Multiple grade I winner Devil May Care, a starter in the 2010 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), was euthanized May 4 after a confirmed diagnosis of lymphosarcoma, a form of cancer.
Todd Pletcher worked a number of Breeders' Cup hopefuls Sept. 25 at Belmont Park. Devil May Care and Life At Ten may both race next Oct. 2.
Making her case as the best 3-year-old filly in the nation, Devil May Care dispatched five overmatched rivals in the Betfair TVG Coaching Club American Oaks, easily drawing away in the stretch for her third grade I victory
Devil May Care took over from stablemate Katy Now at the top of the lane and bounded home for an impressive victory in the $250,000 Mother Goose (gr. I) June 26 at Belmont Park in her first start since the Kentucky Derby.
Concerns about Regal Ransom's readiness coming into the $750,000 Super Derby (gr. II) proved inconsequential when the well-bred Godolphin colt rolled to a front-running victory at Louisiana Downs Sept. 19.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- G. G. Ryder Wins All American in Blanket Finish
- Weekend Hideaway Repeats in Commentator
- Gun Runner Breezes for Stephen Foster
- Connections Plan Breeders' Cup Trip for Top Casablanca
- Fourstar Crook Continues Turf Win Streak
- Danzing Candy Wires Lone Star Handicap
- Rey de Oro wins Japanese Derby
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Ashleyluvssugar Wins Second Charles Whittingham