A West Virginia circuit court judge has rejected an attempt by Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races to keep the West Virginia Racing Commission from holding hearings for individuals who want to appeal ejections.
Revised regulations adopted by the West Virginia Racing Commission would allow the agency to take action against permit holders found to have knowingly sold a horse for slaughter.
The West Virginia Racing Commission voted April 13 to ban the use of adjunct bleeder medications on race day and to adopt much stricter penalties for drug violations.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Has Final Work for Haskell
- American Pharoah Will Dictate Race Schedule
- One-Fifth Curlin Share Surpasses $6 Million
- Breaking Lucky Surprises in Prince of Wales
- Frac Daddy Retired With Suspensory Strain
- CDI Plans to Demolish Calder Grandstand
- Small Farm Yields Big Returns for Smith
- Sprint Champ, Commanding Curve Spice Stakes
- It's Wait and See for Large WV Derby Field
- Slideshow: 2015 Racing Hall of Fame