A West Virginia circuit court judge has rejected an attempt by Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races to keep the West Virginia Racing Commission from holding hearings for individuals who want to appeal ejections.
Revised regulations adopted by the West Virginia Racing Commission would allow the agency to take action against permit holders found to have knowingly sold a horse for slaughter.
The West Virginia Racing Commission voted April 13 to ban the use of adjunct bleeder medications on race day and to adopt much stricter penalties for drug violations.
Most Popular Stories
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Dissident, Appearance Win at Royal Randwick
- Trainer Chuck Treece Collects 1,000th Win
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab
- Apprentice Boulanger Guides in First Winner
- Lexington Tracks Eye Instant Racing Licenses
- WV Racing, Breeding Take 10% Revenue Hit
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More