A West Virginia circuit court judge has rejected an attempt by Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races to keep the West Virginia Racing Commission from holding hearings for individuals who want to appeal ejections.
Revised regulations adopted by the West Virginia Racing Commission would allow the agency to take action against permit holders found to have knowingly sold a horse for slaughter.
The West Virginia Racing Commission voted April 13 to ban the use of adjunct bleeder medications on race day and to adopt much stricter penalties for drug violations.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begin Belmont Training
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park
- Catch A Glimpse Has Homecoming in Nassau
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- CHRB Approves Medication Conditions for Breeders' Cup
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- Humane Society, PETA Support USADA Bill