Andrew Cohen missed owning a Triple Crown winner when Big Brown came up empty in the Belmont. This week he tries to complete a personal Triple Crown when Giant Finish tries the Belmont Stakes.
Overwhelmingly favored Kauai Katie led from start to finish for a seemingly effortless 3 1/4-length victory in the $71,250 Road Princess overnight stakes, the closing day feature at Aqueduct Racetrack April 21.
Booked full for the current season, young sire Frost Giant will be headed from his base in New York to stand at Yarradale Stud in Western Australia for the Southern Hemisphere season that begins in August.
Frost Giant capped a brilliant season with his initial crop of runners by establishing a record in progeny earnings for New York-based freshman sires.
PORTER ON PEDIGREES, by Alan Porter
Nov. 11 saw new stakes winners from a trio of freshman sires, two of whom were represented by their first black-type winners.
Odds-on choice Meeker Avenue nosed out Laila's Jazz at the wire and Kelli Got Frosty got up in the final strides as they won their respective divisions of the New York Stallion Stakes for 2-year-olds Nov. 11 at Aqueduct.
Undefeated Matchmadeinheaven goes for her fourth straight stakes victory Nov. 11 when she takes on six other 2-year-old fillies in the $125,000 Fifth Avenue division of the New York Stallion Series at Aqueduct Racetrack.
Most Popular Stories
- Judy the Beauty Splendid in Las Flores Score
- Pressure Off Sherman After 'Chrome's Dazzler
- After the Wire: Santa Anita Handicap
- Expectations High for OBS 2-Year-Old Sale
- Darley Sire Lonhro Enters Australian Hall
- Golden Gate Fields Adds Alcatraz Stakes
- Game On Dude Captures Record Third Big 'Cap
- Ramseys' Major Marvel Takes Barbados Gold Cup
- Honor Code Gets Tightener for Seasonal Debut
- Santa Anita Handicap Handle Increases 23%