Andrew Cohen missed owning a Triple Crown winner when Big Brown came up empty in the Belmont. This week he tries to complete a personal Triple Crown when Giant Finish tries the Belmont Stakes.
Overwhelmingly favored Kauai Katie led from start to finish for a seemingly effortless 3 1/4-length victory in the $71,250 Road Princess overnight stakes, the closing day feature at Aqueduct Racetrack April 21.
Booked full for the current season, young sire Frost Giant will be headed from his base in New York to stand at Yarradale Stud in Western Australia for the Southern Hemisphere season that begins in August.
Frost Giant capped a brilliant season with his initial crop of runners by establishing a record in progeny earnings for New York-based freshman sires.
PORTER ON PEDIGREES, by Alan Porter
Nov. 11 saw new stakes winners from a trio of freshman sires, two of whom were represented by their first black-type winners.
Odds-on choice Meeker Avenue nosed out Laila's Jazz at the wire and Kelli Got Frosty got up in the final strides as they won their respective divisions of the New York Stallion Stakes for 2-year-olds Nov. 11 at Aqueduct.
Undefeated Matchmadeinheaven goes for her fourth straight stakes victory Nov. 11 when she takes on six other 2-year-old fillies in the $125,000 Fifth Avenue division of the New York Stallion Series at Aqueduct Racetrack.
Most Popular Stories
- Washington Owner/Breeder Paxton Dead at 76
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for Jan. 27, 2015
- Barretts Gross Up; Average, Median Decline
- New York Sanctions Mott for Drug Overages
- NYRA Unveils 10-Race Claiming Series
- Anti-Mullerian Hormone Helps Assess Aging Mares' Fertility
- OBS Expects Solid Start for Auction Season
- Five Tie for Fastest 3 Furlongs at OBS Show
- Untapable, Tapiture Drill for Asmussen