Ben P. Walden Jr., president of Hurricane Hall near Lexington, has announced that the farm's stallion operation will be relocated to his newly purchased 265-acre Pauls Mill near Versailles, Ky.
Breeders' Cup winner English Channel will stand for $25,000 in 2008 at Hurricane Hall near Lexington.
Bellamy Road, record-setting winner of the 2005 Wood Memorial Stakes (gr. I) at Aqueduct, will enter stud at Hurricane Hall near Lexington.
Churchill Downs Inc. announced Tuesday that it sold a 19% stake in Kentucky Downs, including debt owed to CDI, to Kelley Farms Racing.
Miscellaneous industry racing news
Brad M. Kelley, Churchill Downs' largest stockholder, was elected to the company's board of directors Thursday during an annual shareholders meeting in Louisville, Ky.
Most Popular Stories
- Del Mar Sets Plan to Solve Turf Course Issue
- Some Top Trainers Support Phasing Out Salix
- Indiana Sire Lantana Mob Gets First Winner
- WV Hires New Lab; Purse Money Still in Limbo
- Champion She's a Tiger Retired
- Tumor Side Effect Leads to Filly's Group I DQ
- Bertha Wright of Calumet Dynasty Dies at 94
- Horse Returned, But Entry Clerk Out of a Job
- Illinois Tracks Seeking Fewer Dates in 2015
- Monmouth to Reduce Overnight Purses by 10%