Jay Em Ess Stable's By the Moon shipped well from New York to California Oct. 28 and is getting some light exercise in advance of the 14 Hands Winery Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) Nov. 1.
Story to Tell won for the second time in three starts, beating favored Bad Read Sanchez in the $98,000 Willard L. Proctor Memorial Stakes July 13 at Los Alamitos Race Course on closing day of the Summer Thoroughbred Festival.
Kentucky-based turf writer Marty McGee is the winner of the 2013 Media Eclipse Award in the feature/commentary writing division, and Chicago-based Marcus Hersh landed the Eclipse in the news/enterprise category.
Ive Struck a Nerve, the 135-1 upset winner of the Feb. 23 Risen Star Stakes (gr. II), sustained an ankle injury during a workout the morning of March 9 and is off the Triple Crown trail.
Though virtually assured of a starting slot in the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), trainer Keith Desormeaux says he plans to run Risen Star Stakes (gr. II) winner Ive Struck a Nerve in the Louisiana Derby.
A 135-1 shot took the Risen Star Stakes (gr. II) at Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots Feb. 23, Matthew W. Bryan's Ive Struck a Nerve closing late in the furlong grounds and catapulting himself onto the Derby trail.
Most Popular Stories
- Emerald Downs Purses to Rise 20% in 2015
- Bayern Turns in Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Travis Stone Named Churchill Downs Announcer
- California Chrome Drills at Los Alamitos
- OBS Winter Mixed Sale Catalog Now Online
- Old Friends to Receive Special Eclipse Award
- Bridlewood Owner Malone Purchases Ballylinch
- Casino Would Negatively Impact Finger Lakes
- Pedigree Analysis: Milwaukee Brew
- Penn Mile Tops 193-Day Penn National Schedule