A son of Into Mischief sold for $320,000 to top the Barretts May 2-year-old sale that saw increases in all categories. A total of 85 juveniles averaged $56,079, an increase of 29.6% over last year.
Del Mar fans became used to seeing multi-millionaire Sarafan from 2001 to 2005. This summer they and the rest of the country can see the gelding on television in the new series, "The Cleaner" on the A&E network.
Twin 2-year-old fillies owned by twin teenagers Kyle and Kayla Williamson competed in Santa Anita's first juvenile race of the season Wednesday. Though the fillies brought up the rear in the two-furlong heat, the family felt they had reached their goal by getting them to the race.
Apprentice jockey Eulices Gomez made his first ride a memorable one when he guided Neiman the Saint ($6.40) to a front-running victory in the first race at Bay Meadows Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Ankle Chip Will Sideline International Star
- Kentucky Derby Horse-By-Horse Recap
- TOBA's Annual Breeding Clinic Set for Mid-May
- Kentucky Derby Recap: American Idol
- Gulfstream Reports Solid Meet Numbers
- Kentucky Historical Racing Passes $1 Billion
- Preakness Could Be Rematch for Derby Top 3
- Grade I Winner The Tin Man Dies at 17
- Divining Rod On Target for Preakness Stakes
- What's Going On Here: Churchill's 180