Diego Saenz, a 33-year-old Mexico native, chalked up his second consecutive rider title and the fourth in the past four years at Evangeline Downs Racetrack & Casino at the recently concluded 84-night spring/summer meet.
Trainer Keith G. Bourgeois won the 2,000th race of his career when he saddled Dynamic Time for victory by a nose in the sixth race at Delta Downs on the night of Nov. 30.
By Gary McMillen - Records are made to be broken. Yada, yada, yada. You never hear anybody say that records are made to be smashed.
- By Ron Mitchell
Evangeline Downs in Carencro, La., concluded its 2003 meet with a nominal decrease in total wagering and a slight increase in attendance. The recently concluded meet was the last at the track before it has the opportunity to supplement purses with income from slot machine gaming. The new Evangeline Downs Racetrack and Casino is expected to open in St. Landry Parish in March 2004.
Most Popular Stories
- El Areeb Works at Laurel Toward Wood Memorial
- Mind Your Biscuits Could Give Summers First Win
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Hope Floats for Hoppertunity in Dubai World Cup
- Ashleyluvssugar, Texas Ryano Reunite in San Luis Rey
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Mastery to Claiborne Farm Upon Retirement
- Highland Reel Among World Cup Day Turf Runners
- Conquest Mo Money Carries Local Hopes in Sunland Derby
- Gun Runner Brings Consistent Class to World Cup Stage