Grade II winner Get Funky, shopping for his first victory in nearly seven months for trainer John Sadler, outfought the upstart Relato Del Gato through the lane before prevailing by a neck in Oak Tree's $110,000 Morvich Handicap (gr. IIIT) on Santa Anita's hillside turf course Oct. 27.
Grade I winner and millionaire Taste of Paradise, who came close to winning the TVG Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) at Belmont Park, will enter stud at Pope McLean's Crestwood Farm near Lexington.
San Diego Handicap (gr. II) Taste of Paradise has certainly proved that patience is a virtue to trainer John Sadler.
Sprinter Taste of Paradise, ridden by Victor Espinoza, registered a stunning front-running victory at odds of 37-1 in Sunday's $250,000 San Diego Handicap (gr. II) over 1 1/16 mile at Del Mar.
Most Popular Stories
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Louisiana Derby Season Begins
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- Two New Sires to California's Milky Way Farm
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Summer Front's First Foal is a Filly
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- NY Proposes Sweeping Equine Drug, Record Rules