Grade II winner Get Funky, shopping for his first victory in nearly seven months for trainer John Sadler, outfought the upstart Relato Del Gato through the lane before prevailing by a neck in Oak Tree's $110,000 Morvich Handicap (gr. IIIT) on Santa Anita's hillside turf course Oct. 27.
Grade I winner and millionaire Taste of Paradise, who came close to winning the TVG Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) at Belmont Park, will enter stud at Pope McLean's Crestwood Farm near Lexington.
San Diego Handicap (gr. II) Taste of Paradise has certainly proved that patience is a virtue to trainer John Sadler.
Sprinter Taste of Paradise, ridden by Victor Espinoza, registered a stunning front-running victory at odds of 37-1 in Sunday's $250,000 San Diego Handicap (gr. II) over 1 1/16 mile at Del Mar.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Horses Lose a Friend in Vet Byars
- Full Field of 14 Contest Wide-Open Modesty
- Hoppertunity Heading Home to California
- Hialeah Sees New Thoroughbred Opportunity
- Princess of Sylmar Seeks Del 'Cap Rebound
- Sky Lantern Takes Second Crack at Falmouth
- Panel: Change in Culture Needed in Racing
- Boisterous Holds Class Edge in Bowling Green
- Admiral Kitten Back at Arlington Park
- Stars and Stripes Good Spot for Suntracer