Grade II winner Get Funky, shopping for his first victory in nearly seven months for trainer John Sadler, outfought the upstart Relato Del Gato through the lane before prevailing by a neck in Oak Tree's $110,000 Morvich Handicap (gr. IIIT) on Santa Anita's hillside turf course Oct. 27.
Grade I winner and millionaire Taste of Paradise, who came close to winning the TVG Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) at Belmont Park, will enter stud at Pope McLean's Crestwood Farm near Lexington.
San Diego Handicap (gr. II) Taste of Paradise has certainly proved that patience is a virtue to trainer John Sadler.
Sprinter Taste of Paradise, ridden by Victor Espinoza, registered a stunning front-running victory at odds of 37-1 in Sunday's $250,000 San Diego Handicap (gr. II) over 1 1/16 mile at Del Mar.
Most Popular Stories
- Mind Your Biscuits Could Give Summers First Win
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- El Areeb Works at Laurel Toward Wood Memorial
- Hope Floats for Hoppertunity in Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Mastery to Claiborne Farm Upon Retirement
- Ashleyluvssugar, Texas Ryano Reunite in San Luis Rey
- Suffolk Downs Files Paperwork for Racetrack Sale
- Highland Reel Among World Cup Day Turf Runners
- Gun Runner Brings Consistent Class to World Cup Stage