Grade II winner Get Funky, shopping for his first victory in nearly seven months for trainer John Sadler, outfought the upstart Relato Del Gato through the lane before prevailing by a neck in Oak Tree's $110,000 Morvich Handicap (gr. IIIT) on Santa Anita's hillside turf course Oct. 27.
Grade I winner and millionaire Taste of Paradise, who came close to winning the TVG Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) at Belmont Park, will enter stud at Pope McLean's Crestwood Farm near Lexington.
San Diego Handicap (gr. II) Taste of Paradise has certainly proved that patience is a virtue to trainer John Sadler.
Sprinter Taste of Paradise, ridden by Victor Espinoza, registered a stunning front-running victory at odds of 37-1 in Sunday's $250,000 San Diego Handicap (gr. II) over 1 1/16 mile at Del Mar.
Most Popular Stories
- Phipps, Gaines, Winn Named 2017 Pillars of the Turf
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Laurel Stakes Schedule Features $1.6 Million in Purses
- Curlin Colt Sets Midlantic Record at $1.5 Million
- Agent O'Neill Bullish on Stallion Orb
- Phipps Family to Receive Inaugural Dinny Phipps Award
- McCraken Back on Work Tab After Derby Disappointment
- Thunder Snow, Churchill Face Off in Irish 2,000 Guineas
- What's Going On Here: The Pay Off