Storm Flag Flying, the champion 2-year-old filly in 2002, was victorious Thursday at Gulfstream Park in her first start in more than eight months, going over the $1 million mark in career earnings in the process.
Champion Storm Flag Flying returned to the winner's circle Thursday at Gulfstream Park by notching a 3 3/4-length win in an optional allowance claiming contest. Redoubled Miss was second, with Keiai Sakura 1 1/4 lengths back for third. Storm Flag Flying completed the mile and 70-yard distance in 1:42.78.
British import Hoh Buzzard, ridden by California-based Ryan Foglesonger, helped set the early pace and held off a late charge from Aud for a neck victory in Saturday's $175,650 Mrs. Revere (gr. IIT) for 3-year-old fillies on the turf at Churchill Downs.
William S. Farish's Casual Look, winner of the English classic Epsom Oaks (Eng-I) tuned up for an expected run in Saturday's $150,000-added Mrs. Revere Stakes (gr. IIT) with a sharp half-mile work on the turf at Churchill Downs on Tuesday.
Willmott Stables' homebred Sand Springs remained unbeaten this year in three starts with a gate-to-wire victory in Saturday's $231,000 Regret Stakes (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-old fillies on the Churchill Downs turf course.
Most Popular Stories
- Outstanding Field Set for CashCall Futurity
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Top 3-year-olds
- Kettle Corn to Stand in Ohio at Fair Winds
- Top Mare Nastique Dies at 29
- Lucayan Well-Spotted in Hollywood Turf Cup
- Records on the Line in Final Native Diver Run
- Panelists to Horse Racing: Spin Isn't In
- Bringing Precision to Track Maintenance
- St Nicholas Abbey Progresses in Recovery
- Tournaments Growing Fans and Owners