Storm Flag Flying, the champion 2-year-old filly in 2002, was victorious Thursday at Gulfstream Park in her first start in more than eight months, going over the $1 million mark in career earnings in the process.
Champion Storm Flag Flying returned to the winner's circle Thursday at Gulfstream Park by notching a 3 3/4-length win in an optional allowance claiming contest. Redoubled Miss was second, with Keiai Sakura 1 1/4 lengths back for third. Storm Flag Flying completed the mile and 70-yard distance in 1:42.78.
British import Hoh Buzzard, ridden by California-based Ryan Foglesonger, helped set the early pace and held off a late charge from Aud for a neck victory in Saturday's $175,650 Mrs. Revere (gr. IIT) for 3-year-old fillies on the turf at Churchill Downs.
William S. Farish's Casual Look, winner of the English classic Epsom Oaks (Eng-I) tuned up for an expected run in Saturday's $150,000-added Mrs. Revere Stakes (gr. IIT) with a sharp half-mile work on the turf at Churchill Downs on Tuesday.
Willmott Stables' homebred Sand Springs remained unbeaten this year in three starts with a gate-to-wire victory in Saturday's $231,000 Regret Stakes (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-old fillies on the Churchill Downs turf course.
Most Popular Stories
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Un Autre First Winner for I'll Have Another
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Lord Nelson Lunges to Triple Bend Score
- Nyquist Logs Easy Afternoon Workout
- Tepin Makes Stop at Belmont Park
- Isabella Sings Sails Home in Eatontown
- Harzand Completes Derby Double at Curragh
- Sarah Sis Returns to Winning Ways in Chicago