Successfully rehabbed after a 15-month break for a bowed tendon, 30-1 shot Keep Up defeated multiple graded stakes winner Boisterous by a half-length Nov. 25 in the River City Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Churchill Downs.
Keeper Hill, winner of the 1998 Kentucky Oaks (gr. I), delivered her first foal Thursday morning. The foal, a colt by Gone West was delivered at Dr. John and Alice Chandler's Mill Ridge Farm near Lexington.
If you blinked, you might have missed You on Wednesday morning at Churchill Downs. As soon as the regular break for renovation work was finished about 8:30, she trotted onto the track, jogged down the backstretch, and then blew out three furlongs in :37 3/5 with jockey Joe Deegan in the irons.
Keeper Hill and Rings a Chime, both of whom were grade I winners in Kentucky, have been retired from racing after disappointing added-money efforts.
Most Popular Stories
- Multiple GI Winner Richard's Kid to Magali
- Eight Stakes Elevated in Status for 2014
- What was the Top Race of 2013?
- NY Trainer Hits World Stage in Hong Kong
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- CHRB to Meet as Hollywood Park Closure Nears
- Chasing Landaluce
- Saturday Plays from Betfair Hollywood Park
- Hong Kong Cup Day: John Gosden - The Fugue
- Ultimate Guide To Winning 1 Million Points