Successfully rehabbed after a 15-month break for a bowed tendon, 30-1 shot Keep Up defeated multiple graded stakes winner Boisterous by a half-length Nov. 25 in the River City Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Churchill Downs.
Keeper Hill, winner of the 1998 Kentucky Oaks (gr. I), delivered her first foal Thursday morning. The foal, a colt by Gone West was delivered at Dr. John and Alice Chandler's Mill Ridge Farm near Lexington.
If you blinked, you might have missed You on Wednesday morning at Churchill Downs. As soon as the regular break for renovation work was finished about 8:30, she trotted onto the track, jogged down the backstretch, and then blew out three furlongs in :37 3/5 with jockey Joe Deegan in the irons.
Keeper Hill and Rings a Chime, both of whom were grade I winners in Kentucky, have been retired from racing after disappointing added-money efforts.
Most Popular Stories
- Limitations and Advances in Lameness Assessment
- Big Drama Colt Leads OBS Select Session
- Magic Touch: Human Therapist Helps Racehorses
- Stephanie's Kitten to be Offered at F-T Sale
- Travers Upset: V. E. Day Over Wicked Strong
- Mine That Bird Movie Set for Wider Release
- Shared Belief's Hidden Key to Greatness
- Florida HBPA Launches New Website
- Starspangledbanner Colt Tops DBS Session
- Shared Belief Streaks to Pacific Classic Win