Successfully rehabbed after a 15-month break for a bowed tendon, 30-1 shot Keep Up defeated multiple graded stakes winner Boisterous by a half-length Nov. 25 in the River City Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Churchill Downs.
Keeper Hill, winner of the 1998 Kentucky Oaks (gr. I), delivered her first foal Thursday morning. The foal, a colt by Gone West was delivered at Dr. John and Alice Chandler's Mill Ridge Farm near Lexington.
If you blinked, you might have missed You on Wednesday morning at Churchill Downs. As soon as the regular break for renovation work was finished about 8:30, she trotted onto the track, jogged down the backstretch, and then blew out three furlongs in :37 3/5 with jockey Joe Deegan in the irons.
Keeper Hill and Rings a Chime, both of whom were grade I winners in Kentucky, have been retired from racing after disappointing added-money efforts.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Sam's Sister Stuns Taris in Quick La Brea
- Alert Bay Wins Mathis Brothers Mile Thriller
- California Chrome is Vox Populi Award Winner
- Prado 'Day to Day' After Gulfstream Spill
- Leave the Light On for Storm Cat
- Nine-Month Suspension Recommended for Veitch
- New York Stallion Series On Tap at Aqueduct
- Salutos Amigos Adds Gravesend Stakes Victory
- Six Grade I Races Set for Belmont Stakes Day